Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

E46 CF reinforcement panel

https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/e...anel#post82414

As ridiculous as it is because you can’t see this at all when In the car, I still kind of want it haha. I can’t imagine that it provides an insane amount of increased stability but it’s pretty damn cool
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

There's another giant thread on nam3f with like 90+ responses over the past 3 or 4 days, it's insane. If bonded correctly it could increase torsional stiffness a decent amount as it prevents that entire rectangular open section at the rear bulkhead from "parallelogramming". The company selling it say they're in the process of making their own torsional testing rig, so I'm quite curious for the results.

But let's be real here, it's for the bling factor - you could make your own from sheet metal if you are purely after torsional stiffness gains and willing to sacrifice a bit of weight
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

I’m not insanely knowledgeable on the matter but wouldn’t a proper rear strut bar cover some of that “issue”
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Oh absolutely, especially the ones that triangulate to the rear RACP mounting points in the floor. They aren't as practical though (but neither is this shear panel, as there'd be no point folding down your rear seats anymore).

I think these have more potential to add higher torsional stiffness compared to rear strut bars though, as they effectively close out all the way to the roof rather than just tying all the subframe and rear shock hardpoints together

Pinging rigidity nerd @ZHPizza

Chassis stiffness on the sedan goes from 13k Nm/deg to 18k on a non-folding seat version. That's almost a 40% increase in stiffness. If this could be applied to an E46 coupe as is suggested in the linked thread, it should get stiffness up into the region of 17.5k based on the sedan numbers.

Also the X-Brace I have increased rear stiffness very noticeably. So much in fact that the car felt unbalanced until I ordered a front strut bar, which brought back some balance.

Combining that CF panel with a X-Brace should feel pretty amazing.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

For anyone interested here's the massive thread I mentioned, there's a group buy going on there

I don’t track my car or any of that stuff. I enjoy proper handling (still need aftermarket sways) but I solely would want that for vanity, pending you would actually be able to see it which you wouldn’t

Where’s the CF hoarder Charlie at? Probably punching in his order right now haha

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I don’t track my car or any of that stuff. I enjoy proper handling (still need aftermarket sways) but I solely would want that for vanity, pending you would actually be able to see it which you wouldn’t

Where’s the CF hoarder Charlie at? Probably punching in his order right now haha
    You're cracking me up Jacob! I saw the item you linked and liked it, yes but for me it is not a practical mod I am willing to do. I have enough to keep me busy regarding carbon fiber mods though but thanks for thinking of me . In fact, I have something lined up....

Oh yeah I've been following it on nam3f. Love the idea. Not sure they'll see that much on the m3 chassis though since it had quite a bit of a stiffness bump over the non-m from the factory (seam welds vs spot welds in some areas, extra bracing, etc). I'm sure whatever numbers they get from their test rig will be totally legitimate lol.

Also glad to hear that you felt a big difference from the x brace @Galapolis. I can definitely feel it too, but don't have the monoball RTABs installed yet so still sloppy.

Filling that cavity could still be beneficial for us though. There's some flex in that cavity even with the x brace. See the video here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD_vyQ0D...=1w07yq07wyxp9

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Filling that cavity could still be beneficial for us though. There's some flex in that cavity even with the x brace. See the video here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD_vyQ0D...=1w07yq07wyxp9
    Not sure if I spazzed out or something but I'm only now seeing this. WOW. I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE:

https://dmgautosport.net/products/e46-co-op

Price seems quite steep for what it is though.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast