I'm just about to make the 40 min drive north to pick up this local ZHP:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ings-91k-miles

Coincidentally, I actually worked at Santa Barbara Auto Group/BMW Santa Barbara when the seller bought this new back in 2004. I was the Internet Sales Manager at the time and most of my time was spent on used cars and the occasional leftover new inventory like E46 M3 ZCPs. This was far enough back that Bimmerfest was still small enough to be in Santa Barbara - 2005 was even hosted at the dealership. It was a sh!t show since it had far outgrown what a small dealer could accommodate but still cool to be immersed in the epicenter of BMW fandom.

It was a cool gig - I was still there when the E92 M3 came out and presented at our launch party. BMW was supporting that launch with their Formula BMW drivers. A young racer and his dad drove their race car all the way down from NorCal for display. Nice humble kid - even helped me drive one of our guests home that had a little too much to drink. He won the championship that next season and after a stint in Europe he came back over to the states to race IndyCar. He won the Indy 500 his rookie season - turns out Alexander Rossi is a pretty damn good driver - but I digress...

All that above to say, yes, I am a BMW fanboy. I've owned a ton of other stuff but this ZHP is the latest in a long line of BMWs:

E92 335i
E60 535i
F30 335i
E30 325is
E39 M5
E92 M3
E36 M3 (still with me)

Very excited to add this one owner ZHP to the stable. I'm also the 2nd owner of my E36 M3 and feel pretty lucky to have such nice examples of each. As much as I love the E46 M3, the M54 is much better suited to daily duty and my commute of barely over 3 miles. My E92 M3 wasn't even warming up the oil each way. I'll start the light refurbishment this afternoon. Bumper is a misaligned in one corner and headlights will get a polish before I determine if new lenses are needed. Tomorrow should at least be able to do engine bay and interior detail. Although not a bad place to start I love making nice cars like this look even better.

Last but not least, thankful to have this awesome community dedicated to one of BMW's all time greats.