Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Angry A/C and Auto recirculate won't activate on IHKA

Hi everyone! Well I'm sad to say that I need some extra help with a minor issue. Seemingly all at the same time, the following things happened:
    - the OBC screen brightness was locked at full brightness
    - the A/C won't light up when pressed
    - the circulation button skips over "auto circulation" when pressed

Anddd that's all I've discovered. So I went home and recoded the cluster and that fixed the auto-brightness, so just a small hiccup. I tried cleared the codes on the A/C in PA-Soft but the codes remained. I had the following codes:

16[022] Additional heater, Rear Windshield defogger
    1B[027] Communication with the Additional Heater

The 1B[027] went from present to not currently present on clear, but won't go away. I then tried my defrosters and both showed activation on the IHKA. This is feeling like a massive electrical bug. Tomorrow I will try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. I should have recoded the IHKA like I did the cluster, but didn't think of it. Aside from that, I'm a little stumped on other trouble shooting I could do.

I also have BlueBus, but I suspect this issue is unrelated. I mention this because BlueBus causes my IHKA to periodically reset when sitting at a light or cruising at high speed (IE: reboots and returns to whatever settings the car turned on with.)

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    I also have BlueBus, but I suspect this issue is unrelated. I mention this because BlueBus causes my IHKA to periodically reset when sitting at a light or cruising at high speed (IE: reboots and returns to whatever settings the car turned on with.)
    Have you sent Ted an email regarding this?

I did a long time ago. He said he found a car that had the same issue and I believe he said he solved the issue for most IHKA's. This still happens to me.

bump on the main issue. I unplugged the battery and tried to reset the IHKA, both with no luck. I'm beginning to suspect internal fault

bump. At a loss for troubleshooting from here

Is it possible that the temperature control until failed? I've read that the fan inlet can get clogged with debris and the unit overheats. Maybe obtain replacement from a local pull a part to test.

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP, Silver Grey Metallic, Dinan: Stage 2 Software, High Flow Intake,
    Free Flow Exhaust, Front Strut Bar, Stage 2 Suspension System, Staggered Hartge Replica Wheels,
    M3 Mirrors (Side and Interior), M3 Seats

Quote Originally Posted by PdZHP View Post
    Is it possible that the temperature control until failed? I've read that the fan inlet can get clogged with debris and the unit overheats. Maybe obtain replacement from a local pull a part to test.
    Thanks for this. I never knew about the overheating. I ordered a facelift unit for $30 to my door. For the time, gas and effort of pulling a unit, just seemed to make sense. Thanks! I will keep everyone posted!

Could this be caused by a failing FSR? I already bought a new IHKA, but just remembered I've been actively putting off my FSR

Bought the IHKA, installed it, fixed, 5 drives later there's no air allowed at all regardless of input, and then wouldn't start next start. FSR was supposed to come today but FedEx doing what it does best.