Hey all.

Been doing quite a bit of searching for how I should proceed and wanted some input. I am just nearing 200k mi and would like to take care of the Vanos while changing the valve cover gasket that's starting to wear. I know the dual vanos on our cars apparently has faulty o-rings, and so I think now is a good opportunity to fix that issue. Better late than never right? 🥴

Anyway, I can't decide if at this point I should just get a rebuilt dual vanos from DrVanos with their Viton O-rings and teflon seals pre-installed, or just rebuild it at my indy with the seals & rattle repair kits I'd buy from Beisan Systems. I have noticed definite delay/lag when taking off, but I haven't heard the rattle people on YouTube have posted about. I have felt a slight rattle just before shifting from 2nd or 3rd gear, but that may be something else. In any case I know it's time I handled the Vanos while doing the VCG and I might as well do seals+rattle if I go the Beisan route.

Rattle and seals repair kit from Beisan Systems = $127 out the door
Dual Vanos rebuilt from DrVanos = $320 out the door (after returning core)

I'm by no means well versed in mechanic work, so I don't think it's something I could do myself. I mention this because whatever option I decide, I would have to have my indy perform the work. Would I save $ on labor by just having my indy swap in a rebuilt Vanos instead of having them perform the seals/rattle installs?

Also, is there anything else I should be doing while changing the VCG?

Thanks in advance.