Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New Addition to the Fleet - Decisions to Make

Some changes in my life and my fleet, and I'm nearing the time when I need to make a decision. I recently retired, plus sold my house in NH in January (with a great 3 car garage) and left for Florida for an extended winter vacation. It's not a buyer's market for homes at the moment, hence a relaxing Florida vacation. So no house, no garage, no pressure, and both my BMW's in a storage unit in NH.

Spring is coming. Decision time.

I love my 87K mile ZHP vert, and I love my '08 E92 with only 24K miles. Both are great cars, been pampered and have been good to me.....

But here comes the dilemma .....I've always wanted a V8 E93 M3 6MT

So a few weeks ago (2/3), while on vacation in Key West, THE M3 came up for auction on CarsandBids. 38K miles, 6MT.... my wife said "go for it" ( I love this lady!) and unbelievably I was the winning bidder at an incredible below market price IMHO. https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9QQ...m3-convertible

With a lien to clear by the seller, and weather delayed transport to my daughters house in NC, just received the car 4 days ago and I flew up from Florida to watch it being unloaded. And fortunately, it's perfect, as advertised, with a few minor expected cosmetic things that I'll take care of, and most of all.... it's a beast! Drives fantastic, the exhaust note is intoxicating and it's got brutal neck snapping power. Wow

So now, too many cars once the other 2 come out of storage. So that's the decision I'm facing, and at the moment I'm leaning toward keeping the E92 and begrudgingly letting the ZHP vert go to another steward of our cars. Can't manage 2 verts..... All that will probably happen in April or May when I'm back in New England and can get the ZHP out of storage and prep it for sale, possibly on BaT

So just sharing my dilemma and good fortune on finding a great exhilarating V8 M3

Personal thanks to Fredo who has been giving me his thoughts offline to help me with what direction to go - you are all lucky to have him in this great ZHPMafia community

Here's the new ride
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pete

Congrats on your new whip Pete! Car looks amazing

Congrats on the new purchase! Hmmm I think it'd be a tough decision for me. If you sell the E46 you'll have two E92s... I know the engines are completely different but the similarities in platform would make me want to keep the ZHP. But on the other hand, the ZHP is a vert and for sure it doesn't really make sense to have two of them. Hard to say really but at least you have time to decide!
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

you're right about the 2 different engines, E92 335xi vs the E93 M3 V8, but that E92 twin turbo is nothing to sneeze at... it's also exhilarating power. Being a child of the muscle car era, if the ZHP had a bit more power, I'd probably have never wanted anything more than all that the joy the ZHP already brings us
    Pete

Well done, sir. Congrats ! And I think it makes sense to keep the car with less miles (E92 335).
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Thanks Fredo, I'm aligned with you that the E92 is this right choice. I've transformed it to suit my M3 tastes, and it's as close to an M3 look as I can get it, and it's a sweet drive
    Pete

Really tough spot. Were the ZHP a non-convertible, would your decision be different?

that might be an even harder decision. In that scenario, I still might be pressed to keep the 2 cars with the really low mileage for the model years, which would also say the ZHP would have to go, and 87K miles is still pretty low for a 16 year old car:

2011 E93 M3 6MT with 38K miles
    2008 E92 335Xi auto with 24K miles
    2005 E46 ZHP vert 6MT with 87K miles
    Pete

I remember when I first heard that V8 M3 fly by me! He was on it! Very intoxicating sound indeed!

I would sell both the 87K mile ZHP vert and the '08 E92 with only 24K miles - both of which would likely garner a premium, and redeploy a fraction of the proceeds into a manual ZHP coupe, sedan or if you find one, a properly built 6-speed ZHP wagon..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast