Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    That will be a bittersweet moment Pete when you let your ZHP go.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    That will be a bittersweet moment Pete when you let your ZHP go.
    thanks, I'm clearly struggling with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot05 View Post
    I would sell both the 87K mile ZHP vert and the '08 E92 with only 24K miles - both of which would likely garner a premium, and redeploy a fraction of the proceeds into a manual ZHP coupe, sedan or if you find one, a properly built 6-speed ZHP wagon..
    hmmmm... I like this idea! But my daughter just said "don't tell Mom!" So, need to do some "negotiating at home" - sell them both while the miles are attractive to buyers and they'll bring a premium, and use some of the proceeds to find a 6MT ZHP coupe or wagon to help mitigate my ZHP withdrawal symptoms! Of course my ZHP vert was a fair weather only ride, and a coupe would see more service than that. But still end up with my 2 dream cars.....

let the process begin - stakeholder negotiations
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    thanks, I'm clearly struggling with it!
    Good luck with your negotiations Pete

I know once you sell your ZHP you will miss it. I have been thru this myself so I know the feeling. I'm just happy to be back in another ZHP to restore and mod it to my tastes.... I'm having a lot of fun in the process.

Agreed with obtaining a ZHP with a fixed roof, that way you have the best of both worlds. My opinion is that both the 335 and M3 are too similar to each other to be worth keeping both.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Agreed with obtaining a ZHP with a fixed roof, that way you have the best of both worlds. My opinion is that both the 335 and M3 are too similar to each other to be worth keeping both.
    Thanks guys. All this discussion just validates that our passion for cars never dies, and even when it seems like you've reached your dreams, they're immediately replaced with the next level. You've refocused me on keeping both my ZHP reality and that M3 dream
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    Thanks guys. All this discussion just validates that our passion for cars never dies, and even when it seems like you've reached your dreams, they're immediately replaced with the next level. You've refocused me on keeping both my ZHP reality and that M3 dream

Wow, what a beaut, congrats! Tough call. I wld say keep the zhp but it's gotta feel so slow now compared to those two.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

New Addition to the Fleet - Decisions to Make

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Wow, what a beaut, congrats! Tough call. I wld say keep the zhp but it's gotta feel so slow now compared to those two.
    But Pete would have two very different cars, each with their very own unique characters to appreciate.

Since Pete already owns his ZHP, he knows the actual condition of this car maintenance-wise so he won’t have to put in additional funds to sort it out and can just enjoy driving it whenever he wants to just cruise in it

You know the E46 ZHP is a unique car to own and drive. It took me to sell mine and be without it for a few years to realize just how special these cars are. Once I got back in and started to drive it all came back to me

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

I won't be bringing the ZHP or the E92 out of storage until at least April. That will be the 1st time I can really compare all 3 cars. That might be a difficult day when I realize I can't bring myself to part with any of them
    Pete

Pete, I understand your dilemma. I am in the same position. My son's car was totaled (rear ended) last August and he took my 435ix convertible. He bought a Ridgeline last week. I am back to driving the 435iX and saying to myself, wow, absence truly does make the heart fonder as its MPPK kit and turbo means more to me now than when it was purchased in 2018. With knee replacement surgery coming up I'm going your route and trimming the herd. Despite all the work done to the ZHP, it is drawing the short straw because of 6MT and because I have had six fun years of fixing up stuff with the available hours more importantly now being reserved for our grandchild and our business. The issue is finding someone who loves a high mileage ZHP convertible and keeping it up as much as I have. Money is not important, sending it to a good home is what is important to me. Pete, are you facing the same feelings and economic viewpoint as me? Inquiring minds want to know . . . and if anyone has advice, I am all ears.
    2004 CiC 6MT Silver Gray (A08) Black Interior 1 of 51 Made
    Intravee - Navigation - Back-up Sensors - Cold Weather Package - Home Link Mirror
    Winter Hardtop, too - A Sweet Ride

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast