Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Cost to repaint the hood only?

I have Sparkling Graphic Metallic color A22; a 2005 model. The hood has oxidized at the top(24 inch x 18 inch) and it shows(not crazy pealed) when looking from the front. What should a good paint job cost at a quality A-grade shop; that can do a 95% blended in? I've been told at one place $1,200 just for the hood piece (and not including the front bumper). I like to get an idea before I shop around further.

To do the job, I think they would scrap the paint to the bare metal, try to plug in major cavities, and then apply the new paint and clearcoat?

Thanks..

Jack

Completely depends on where you live. $1200 sounds really excessive.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

+1 on the price being dependant on where you live.

In the SF bay area I was verbally quoted $1000 for my hood. Shop around if you haven't do so already. I survey 4 shops and they were within 10% of each other. At that point, I would go with the one with the best reputation and quality of service.
    2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Interlagous Blue | Maritime dash and console trim | 6MT
    UUC short shifter, Euro cats, CSL Euro headers, Evolve CSL Intake and tune, TC Klein Smart Design Double Adjustable Coilovers, Dinan strut brace, CDV Delete, ZHP shift knob, Arkym splitter and spoiler, WPC Bearings, ARP rod bolts, Apex Arc-8, VAC Pump Upgrade, Bluebus

Still need to do my paint job. It's beginning to stand out and I want to go on road trip soon. This being my 2nd e46, it suffers the pain wear in the same spot on the hood . The war looks like an every 10 year occurrence, after the paint is new.