Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

A- B- and C- Pillar fabric loose: any good sources for cheap replacement parts

Nothing special here: the fabric on my a-, b- and c-pillars is detaching from the trim pieces on both sides of my '04 coupe.

I know about the really expensive option (buy OEM replacements) and the really cheap option (buy a can of rubber cement). Anything in between? Are there any good resources for how I might scout for those trim pieces coming out of parts cars or other used sources? Color needed is black.

Thanks!

2004 E46 330ci ZHP Coupe | Mystic Blue/Black Leather

Can snag from FCP for $400ish and they have a lifetime warranty.
    If you plan on keeping the car for a while, may be worth it.

Other than that, can buy some fabric and do yourself, but takes some time if you've never done it before.

Below copied from my thread, I think it was about $40 or $50 for the fabric itself (expensive stuff!) but felt nearly identical in texture to the BMW Performance wheel I felt up at the dealer. Gonna be honest though, I'm not a fan of the "splotchiness" look that alcantara has due to the grain of the fabric but it's much better than the sagginess before.

I did briefly consider pulling the fabric and leaving it, but there were nasty glue marks left behind:

Not sure how people wrap their C-pillars with one piece, or how the stock fabric has no relief cuts. That one curved section by the rear window vent actuator needed a relief cut, and patch. It’s not ideal, but at least I don’t notice it:

Unfortunately I didn’t buy enough fabric to recover the B-Pillars, but they only needed the sides gluing down. The mismatch with the A & C-pillars doesn’t really bother me:

The A-pillars turned out decent. The only gripe I have with them is that the airbag strip doesn’t sit quite flush, but still pushes into its slot and stays in place:

All installed:

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by TrKy3 View Post
    Can snag from FCP for $400ish and they have a lifetime warranty.
    If you plan on keeping the car for a while, may be worth it.

Other than that, can buy some fabric and do yourself, but takes some time if you've never done it before.
    Apologies, I'm not on that site much: You're saying I can get all 6 replacement pieces for $400 total? I'd do that in a heartbeat, but I'm seeing several hundred more than that. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong stuff?

2004 E46 330ci ZHP Coupe | Mystic Blue/Black Leather

Quote Originally Posted by 2004_blue_zhp View Post
    Apologies, I'm not on that site much: You're saying I can get all 6 replacement pieces for $400 total? I'd do that in a heartbeat, but I'm seeing several hundred more than that. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong stuff?
    Price hike! https://www.fcpeuro.com/BMW-parts/33...6&b=9&d=589&v=
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

I wonder what results you could get by removing the fabric and using some spray paint to cover the glue marks.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Similarly, I recovered mine with 3M 1080 vinyl wrap in matte black with excellent results. It's a good idea to sand before applying to prevent surface roughness showing through.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

I feel like I should buy the A-pillars just to avoid them becoming NLA when I will really need them.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I feel like I should buy the A-pillars just to avoid them becoming NLA when I will really need them.
    It's not a bad idea actually... I remember someone on NAM3F actually asked FCP what happens if they want to warranty something, and it's NLA... I think they said they'd get a refund
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Autozone.com
    I am having the same problem - both A pillars wrinkled and about to come off. AND one c pillar is already hanging down from the top.
    A pillar in anthracite is $99 a piece... Ugh IDK if I should try to re-attach them before replacing them with new ones....
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster