Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Turn signal problem

Hey guys, I have a 05 ZHP and Im having some problems (never not having problems with a e46).

My turn signals went out the other day. The stalk doesn't work, when I push the emergency flashers nothing comes on (hazard button light blinks though), also pressing the key fob does nothing. Also the passenger mirror no longer tips down in reverse.

As far as I can tell there is no turn signal relay or fuse. Does anyone know about this problem?

Thanks

05 ZHP 6MT Sedan Titanium Silver

It's fine, par for course with our make of cars as people know what to expect

lol I know that joke's pretty lame but I had to do it
    Sorry I don't actually know
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

My turn signal bulbs burn out every couple of months for some reason. All my other lights last forever. It's probably some common electrical issue or the car trying to tell me that I don't need them. Probably the latter.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

These cars have turn signals?

Lol @ the turn signal jokes.

Have access to a good scan tool? From my experience, no turn signals/hazards indicate a possible instrument cluster issue. Any other oddities there? Another possibility is the k-can bus. When I installed a new set of seats in my e46, I left a canbus wire uncapped by accident. It periodically grounded out against the seat, leaving my cluster unresponsive.
    2005 Jet Black ZHP Sedan "Adriana" || TunedByDaniel || BMW Alarm + Fuel Lock || ORION V4s || Eagle Eyes || 435i Coupe Sport Seats || Perforated Leather X5 M-Sport Wheel || FLOW Designs Lip

Wasn't there a recall on some taillight wiring several years ago? Maybe inspect the wires going to the bulbs. Check to see if bulbs are working (continuity check with a volt/ or ohm meter).
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Turn signal problem

Quote Originally Posted by usinjin View Post
    Lol @ the turn signal jokes.
    I was just thinking blinker fluid was low

This is what I found googling your issue regarding hazard lights and turn signals:

There is only one "flasher" that controls the hazards and turn signals, its located under the steering column cover, pretty much right underneath where the turn signal lever goes into the collum. You will have to take off the steering wheel and undo two screws underneath and on top of the covers to remove them to get to the flasher.
    Last edited by cakM3; 04-07-2021 at 06:55 PM.