Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Expensive Maintenance Day

So I finally broke down and dropped my car off at the mechanic I usually use to install the cooling system, CCV, Plugs, tensioners, belts and oil change. I bought all OEM parts for around $1200 and labor was $1500. Unfortunately, the control arms and bushings were shot, so it cost me another $900 in parts and labor - so all in today it was $3600. Sad part is I have only driven the car 2K miles in 5 years and it just hit 52K miles - I guess garage art isn't cheap.

Ouch. I spent good money on my car last year (suspension refresh, windshield, tires). But this year I’m planning to have only an oil change.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Damn! That's a lot.
    I just found a local BMW specialized shop and I want to get ATF drain/fill, cooling system refresh (prob ESC level 2 kit) and perhaps DISA valve upgrade done...
    None of these urgent at 67K miles, but I feel like I need to do them.
    Hope it won't be too bad.

I have played with the idea of selling the ZHP and getting a 335i or 335is but damn those are even more high maintenance. At least there are SOME things i can DIY on the ZHP.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Yup that was my 2019 lol

Wow, that was a chunk of change. At least it's done.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Yeah, my car is pretty well sorted, most of the maintenance work was done back in 2017. Spent basically nothing in 2019, then started hitting the track in 2020 and that was when a few more grand went into suspension upgrades, track tires, etc.

Luckily, most of my stock maintenance parts were purchased from FCP so I have lifetime warranty on all of it

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Once it's back in your garage start putting more miles on it because miles = smiles.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

It wouldn't have been as bad if he didn't start using book time for repairs but I get he needs to run a business. The only other thing he found wrong were the struts are leaking a little - I can buy and OEM kit for under $500 and do that myself. So aside from that the car has no mechanical issues at all. Can't wait to start driving it again

Autozone.com
    Just ordered the front and rear OEM suspension packages and brakes - there's another $1100. Good thing I can still do these types of repairs. At this point, I will have replaced the coolant system, CCV, plugs, control arms, suspension, brakes, had all fluids flushed and the injectors cleaned. Is there anything missing from the list that I should get done?