Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

WTB - Schwaben Strut Spring Compressor

I will be swapping out my front struts and need to purchase a spring compressor. Looking to save a few bucks buying a used one..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnd View Post
    I will be swapping out my front struts and need to purchase a spring compressor. Looking to save a few bucks buying a used one..

Thanks
    the Spring Compressor is not too expensive...

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben.../013892sch01a/

I just purchased this tonight for my upcoming coilover install for my ZHP...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnd View Post

Thanks
    You can rent one from auto zone for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    You can rent one from auto zone for free
    Good call San. I forgot about renting from Auto Zone.

Advance Auto Parts also rents them.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

I was hoping to find one like this https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben...SABEgJ15fD_BwE the ones with the two poles make me nervous as I had one break years ago

If you have a second car or a ride, easiest thing to do is take off the front struts and run down to your local Tuffy, Pep Boys etc.. My local mechanic swapped my springs and installed all new parts for $40 labor only. In and out in 20 minutes.
    2017 440i
    2005 330i ZHP
    2005 330ci Vert
    2014 428 xdrive - sold
    2011 335 x-drive - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Unamused View Post
    If you have a second car or a ride, easiest thing to do is take off the front struts and run down to your local Tuffy, Pep Boys etc.. My local mechanic swapped my springs and installed all new parts for $40 labor only. In and out in 20 minutes.
    I've never done this, but that is a great thought. I've done two sets of struts and I am always so nervous about these home tools.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I've never done this, but that is a great thought. I've done two sets of struts and I am always so nervous about these home tools.
    I also have installed coilovers on a few cars using this type of spring compressor tool without any issue. I'm more in the mindset of having my own spring compressor tool even though I won't be using this tool too much but at least I will know the actual condition of my tool rather than having to rent them... besides, these tools aren't expensive.

I found the one I wanted on ebay - the guy had it listed for $150 and took $125.. So I should have the suspension and brakes installed next week