Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Shift Knob

It's wild that it adds $185 for a six speed. So expensive. I got lucky by picking up an F10 knob already converted to a shift boot from a forum member.

$204.92 from the bmw mini parts store for the f10 version.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Confused. If you can get the same thing from leatherz then why go with the F10 lit version at more cost?

Because after adding the additional $185 cost to their ZHP shift knob for the 6 speed w/ M logo shift pattern, it is cheaper to get the lit F10 M5 shift knob. That's why and you get the OEM color lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    It's wild that it adds $185 for a six speed. So expensive. I got lucky by picking up an F10 knob already converted to a shift boot from a forum member.

The reason for this is stated at the bottom of the page when you select it. They say they have to buy the shift knob with that emblem to transfer it, which is why it's so expensive. I just went with the F10 route, and used the boot too so I got a new shift knob and new leather boot out of it.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
    Here is the F10 backlit shiftknob in all its glory. Love this thing--it's literally the ZHP shift knob, but backlit. Tie it into the little light in the ashtray...

just upload a video of it connected to the dimmer...

https://youtu.be/PkKS80iZt8s

Spoiled by the ZHP shifter and this great thread, you've inspired me to install the F80 knob in my E93 M3. My research over on M3post says the F10 boot leather is a bit thicker than the stock E93 leather and is difficult to get the ring back in. The F80 knob is reported to be the same thickness as stock. And same short weighted knob like the F10 knob
    Parts are going on order today!
    Pete

I saw that and is understandable. But completely prices it out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post

Because after adding the additional $185 cost to their ZHP shift knob for the 6 speed w/ M logo shift pattern, it is cheaper to get the lit F10 M5 shift knob. That's why and you get the OEM color lighting.
    Ah, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

You know, if not just for the light, imma bite the bullet and get it, one time install, last me the life of the ownership and like &@$$& cool, it's worth it.

Is $172 the cheapest it comes?

And do I need the retro kit

Thanks guys.
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

Quote Originally Posted by Dathaeus View Post
    You know, if not just for the light, imma bite the bullet and get it, one time install, last me the life of the ownership and like &@$$& cool, it's worth it.

Is $172 the cheapest it comes?

And do I need the retro kit

Thanks guys.

There are a few ways you can do this. I opted for a more OEMish and permanent approach with my install. It is detailed here in my project thread...

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...215#post605215

If you look at the following posts from the link above, I have posted pictures of the "finished product" in my ZHP showing the results of my work after doing this wiring modificaiton.

As for the two additional wires I used for this retrofit... I pulled them from this:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-BMW...e/302109127027

As for the OEM plug, this is what I used:
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...mw-61132360043

I had shrink tubing, solder and a soldering station so this was, for me, the best route to make it all look professional and permanent. It is not hard to retrofit this into the ash tray wiring which is where you should be tapping the shift knob lighting wiring to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123