Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Welcome and congrats. Check those front control arm bushings - they could be shot! Easy quick fix for that at least
    Pete

Finally checking out the pictures on a computer and Tapatalk really butchered the quality.

Had a chance to look underneath the entire car yesterday and it has really good bones considering how the exterior looks. It reminds me of how I picked up my E36. I don't even need to address the jacking points anytime soon as they are in good condition, and all 4 pads are present. I pulled the seats out to clean the interior and try and revive the seat foam. The alcantara needs some help too.

The bad part is that it needs a rack rebuild, probably the biggest part expense. I pulled a boot and a few ounces of ATF dripped out. I also felt all the ball joints while my dad shimmied the wheel; there was slop everywhere and I think I'll need to redo it all. Now the scope creep sets in as its not hard to weld in the front subframe reinforcements and secure the OPN when the control arms and steering rack are out of the way. Same goes for the back since the diff bushings are shot and I'll be doing the RTABs; the only thing stopping me from dropping the entire rear end for RTAB pocket reinforcements and subframe reinforcements is time.

someone is selling a ZHP rack in the classifieds right now I believe
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

I saw that and considered it! Got lucky and found a local junkyard with a 138k mi ZHP and a steering rack still intact. We'll see if that one is leaking/still the original 712 rack when I go pick it up.

Nice pick up, cant imagine finding a ZHP in a junkyard is very common
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Yellow tag rack out of a 138k mi ZHP! Hopefully I get some life out of the tie rod assemblies to keep the budget down.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Anybody notice the issue?

Yes, the PO had good intentions while replacing the steering coupler with an OE BMW one. However, he put the bolts in backwards and stripped everything out.

The junkyard rack is in, along with the old coupler and tie rods that came with it. Steering feels normal again!

Took apart the passenger door to get to the regulator. Unfortunately it's too far gone to do the zip tie fix. The good thing is that the PO did install the full Bavsound kit and added extra sound deadening!

Nice!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

How many years of forgotten brake fluid changes causes this? Another small maintenance item knocked off the list. And to why progress is slow, well I'm budgeting $100/mo and that doesn't many car parts. I have a few parts left to install, but only after I get my E36 running again.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast