Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Alright oil pan gasket time! Currently mid-job. Had to tackle a strong fuel smell coming from the fuel filter area beforehand. The hose there was cracking and letting vapor out; it was very close to leaking!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Love seeing good progress being made to restore this car... AWESOME WORK!

at least you didn't have some dumbass glue your hood insulation to your hood like the previous owner did to mine...SMFH...

no hack job things on mine so far, just lots of neglect.

The oil pan is back on for the night. Turns out somebody had been in there before as I found remnants of red RTV there. I also think there was Loctite (blue) on the oil pump nut as there was something on the threads. I threw on red Loctite and safety wired the nut for piece of mind. I thought about adding a baffle, but since I plan for SE46, the motor has to come out anyway and I'll baffle the new motor then. This car will sit around a lot as I go to grad school for the next 2 years.

Tomorrow I weld on the front subframe reinforcements and finish up reassembly.

I hate welding in the subframe pocket. Couldn't get it clean enough and the welds were super dirty; I created lots of splatter. Oh well, the outside welds look good!

Don't forget to plug weld the other side to reinforce the subframe fully. All painted and waiting to dry.

Impressed!!!

Glad you're able to do the welds like that... I'll just pay someone to get mine done if I did this....I make up for it with my detailing skills...

Nice werk!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Finished up and went for a drive to crest 223k! Waiting for paint to dry took the longest today, welding prep took the second longest.

https://youtu.be/gsJIQx2NWNs

Back working on my ZHP again. Decided to film the work for my YT channel instead of grabbing a million pictures. It got a new radiator, FCABs, tie rod assemblies, rear ball joints, RTAB limiters and hood pins. Give it a view if you have time!
    Last edited by MINIz guy; 12-31-2022 at 09:31 AM.

Name:  IMG_1043.jpeg
Views: 1140
Size:  150.1 KB

Wow, an update! You already know what’s happening. Subframe and RTA pocket reinforcement time.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast