Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIz guy View Post
    How many years of forgotten brake fluid changes causes this? Another small maintenance item knocked off the list. And to why progress is slow, well I'm budgeting $100/mo and that doesn't many car parts. I have a few parts left to install, but only after I get my E36 running again.

I had a similar experience when changing out brake fluid on my ZHP. This is something that should be changed out every two years but it seems people overlook this essential maintenance.

This is how my brake fluid looked when Botond helped me flush out the brake system on my ZHP…

Until then, I have never seen brake fluid so dirty

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Yup I should bleed the slave too, as that fluid has to be nasty as well!

Another day waiting for a window regulator and nada... At this point I could have dropped the diff and done the bushings while waiting, but hindsight is always 20/20. Need to put some mileage on it to diagnose a sporadic misfire on one cylinder, which I think is due to a coil.
    Last edited by MINIz guy; 04-30-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MINIz guy View Post
    Need to put some mileage on it to diagnose a sporadic misfire on one cylinder, which I think is due to a coil.
    What I did on my first ZHP when it had a bad coil pack was to change all of them out. Not that I had to but I am in the mindset that once a coil pack starts to go it’s only a matter of time the others will start going bad as well so that’s why I will just swap all of them out when swapping out coil packs.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Yep, I'm sure the coils are tired. It has a new coil and 5 original ones already. INPA said the car had a cyl 6 misfire but no CEL on. I swapped that coil to cyl 3 and then INPA recorded a higher positive value on the "rough running" monitoring page. Still, everything in the green so it isn't running that terribly.

I took this photo after the window regulator went in. Paint doesn't look too bad here!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Finally the diff bushings are in and the car doesn't clunk as if the subframe is falling off. I had to lower the subframe a little to get my press tool in there and got a good look at the front mounting points. There are no visible cracks on the subframe floor, but I'll have to reevaluate when I prep the area for reinforcement plates.

Last edited by MINIz guy; 05-09-2021 at 07:51 PM.

VCG and OFHG completed today. Looks clean for 223k miles! Still working on the water pump since it's accessible after the OFHG.

Water pump job was cake. It still had the original pump from '04 in it and it was quiet and showed no play at 223k miles. I kept it as a spare for emergencies.

The RTABs were next and those too were stamped '04! No wonder why the rear end felt like jello. They were rusted in there pretty good too as the sleeve fell apart when being pressed out.

I still have an oil pan gasket to do, but my engine support bar is backordered. Oh well, my parents X6 broke a belt tensioner today so that'll keep me busy tomorrow.

Finally a non-compressed Tapatalk picture thanks to Flickr! Can't see the fading paint from this angle

Nice werk.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

No big updates, just enjoying the summer in the city and track time in my E36. Uncovered the ZHP and took it for a drive, and amazingly the airbag light went out. I'll take it!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast