Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    New relayed is installed. The symptoms were intermittent but I strongly suspect this will fix the issue based on the wiring diagrams I reviewed. I will post here if it turns out there is still an issue but for the time I'm calling it solved!

Nice! Hope that did the trick, keep us posted.

Can't catch a break. It's cold on my way to work and hot when I leave work. I turned on my car and raced to turn off the cold AC from my drive home the other day. I then realized I wanted to turn it on for heat. Well, it wouldn't turn on. So now it was locked in the off position. As I said, it alternates from locked off regardless of key position and locked on regardless of key position.

As I drove to work, the cold air from outside raced in, implying the flaps never closed when I turned I turned the climate control off. There isn't much documentation to how this process works, however perhaps later the fact it doesn't close the flaps when turned off can help me decipher this issue. You know, the noise of the flaps when the key is in pos 2 but without the engine on, and you turn the climate off and hear that buzzing? I suspect that step never happened.

What I can definitely say is that pulling Fuse 63 resets the unit in a way that causes it to work when fuse 63 is returned. That's great, but I'm at a loss as to what to do with that information. Fuse 63 goes into pin 2 of the relay I just replaced, leading out of pin 5 of the relay. That then leads to pin 9 of connector X610 (big white connector on HVAC) which leads to terminal 31 which I believe means ground. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure what to do from here.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 6.43.39 PM.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  47.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Can't catch a break. It's cold on my way to work and hot when I leave work. I turned on my car and raced to turn off the cold AC from my drive home the other day. I then realized I wanted to turn it on for heat. Well, it wouldn't turn on. So now it was locked in the off position. As I said, it alternates from locked off regardless of key position and locked on regardless of key position.

As I drove to work, the cold air from outside raced in, implying the flaps never closed when I turned I turned the climate control off. There isn't much documentation to how this process works, however perhaps later the fact it doesn't close the flaps when turned off can help me decipher this issue. You know, the noise of the flaps when the key is in pos 2 but without the engine on, and you turn the climate off and hear that buzzing? I suspect that step never happened.

What I can definitely say is that pulling Fuse 63 resets the unit in a way that causes it to work when fuse 63 is returned. That's great, but I'm at a loss as to what to do with that information. Fuse 63 goes into pin 2 of the relay I just replaced, leading out of pin 5 of the relay. That then leads to pin 9 of connector X610 (big white connector on HVAC) which leads to terminal 31 which I believe means ground. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure what to do from here.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 6.43.39 PM.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  47.5 KB
    Can you ditch the BlueBus for a few days and see if the issue is resolved? I have a single other customer reporting similar issues to yours, and so far it seems like it could be his BlueBus.

Thanks!
    -Ted

Hey Ted. I will take Bluebus out this weekend. As for the time it should be removed, these symptoms are sporadic with no pattern - can lock up in either on or off, and seemingly have no pattern in relation to HVAC settings. I will remove in hopes of resolving this issue and will keep you posted. I have had no issues since my last post, but have also made no changes since my last post. Just pointing out it can take upwards of 8+ days for this issue to show itself. Nonetheless I will remove BlueBus this weekend and see if the issue persists over the following month.

I am almost two weeks with no issues with the removal of bluebus. At this point, it does appear Bluebus was the source of my issues. I guess I'll sell my bluebus or something. My music doesn't sound nearly as good through aux, so it does suck.

I am almost two weeks with no issues with the removal of bluebus. At this point, it does appear Bluebus was the source of my issues. I guess I'll sell my bluebus or something. My music doesn't sound nearly as good through aux, so it does suck.
    If you can send me a log, we can probably work through the issue. At worst, you'll lose lighting features, and at best it'll be fixed. https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...athering-a-Log

Even if you don't want to send me a log, I can make it stop breaking your IHKA if you disable one touch blinkers (with a software update).

Thanks!
    -Ted

I will send you logs Ted, didn't know that feature was built in. I miss my bluebus! Hopefully it can get addressed and is easy to diagnose. I would be more than pleased to not have lighting features because I have a 4.0 LCM

I will send you logs Ted, didn't know that feature was built in. I miss my bluebus! Hopefully it can get addressed and is easy to diagnose. I would be more than pleased to not have lighting features because I have a 4.0 LCM
    Shoot em over to the support box -- I just need a few minutes of the car running with the IHKA on, while it's light out.

I'll start working on disabling LCM diagnostics when they're not required.

Thanks!
    -Ted

Lights out as in the headlights are not on, or not using turn signals? Just want to make sure you get a quality log

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast