Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Lights out as in the headlights are not on, or not using turn signals? Just want to make sure you get a quality log
    I mean daylight outside, when the light sensor is in use.

-Ted

Could the absence of an RLS potentially be causing these issues? My purple thing on the windshield broke and I haven't had a sensor for a while now. I just need it to get hotter to safely remove it from the windshield. Let me know if you still want logs. With the absence of the sensor, my lights just turn on when in the auto position.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Could the absence of an RLS potentially be causing these issues? My purple thing on the windshield broke and I haven't had a sensor for a while now. I just need it to get hotter to safely remove it from the windshield. Let me know if you still want logs. With the absence of the sensor, my lights just turn on when in the auto position.
    The RLS doesn't play into this

The BlueBus asks the LSZ/LCM for the dimmer status, which is sets using the photo sensor directly on the LSZ faceplate. This data is used to accurately set the bulb states when activating light features (which is done through bulb diagnostics). It's a complicated mess

-Ted

Sent you an email Ted . Would love to poke your brain about CANBUS if that's permitted.

bump. Working with Ted.

For those following, I did re-plug in BlueBus. Less than 6 days later (about 200 miles of driving or so) my HVAC froze. I did not pull fuse 63 to bring HVAC back online. That was Thursday. Car is now at 6.5V. Battery, FSR and voltage regulator are all new. Taking battery for a charge tomorrow and will then regularly check voltage.

Edit: It is worth noting that my radar does report voltage while it's on. Voltage is regularly 13.5-13.7V when running, no variation based on activity. I only mention because my last E46 was normally 13.9V, but I guess every car rests differently.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123