Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    H&R upsets the factory balance of the car by making the front springs about the same stiffness as the rear springs. Factory would be rear about twice as stiff as the front (Eibach maintains this balance). H&R also requires more expensive aftermarket shocks like the B8 to work, versus the Pro-Kit being matched to the valving of the Sachs MSport dampers. The Pro-Kit also weighs half as much as the H&R, so less unsprung mass. It really just comes down to the Eibachs being more of a true OEM+ solution, whereas the H&R is firmly in aftermarket territory.

The stiff front springs can make sense in a track scenario, but for the road it's better to keep the factory balance and just install a stiffer front sway bar.
    Thank you for that. I'm honestly debating swapping setups as my car is definitely a bit too stiff. I've definitely unsettled the car on uneven pavement after taking an entrance ramp aggressively. Pretty dangerous actually

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Thank you for that. I'm honestly debating swapping setups as my car is definitely a bit too stiff. I've definitely unsettled the car on uneven pavement after taking an entrance ramp aggressively. Pretty dangerous actually
    I used to have H&R sport springs and I had a similar experience to you, it was definitely to stiff for the road and certain bumps would unsettle the car. I also bent 3 wheels and cracked one during my time with the H&R springs. The Eibachs will definitely be much more comfortable. I think they perform better too judging by my last track day. In your case you already have the B8s which also work with the Pro-Kit, so switching shouldn't be too expensive if you sell your H&Rs.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

I went with Sachs. This is the list of parts used on my 150k miles refresh:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...000#post593000
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

I think you will notice any update/replacement of the current underpinnings. The challenge is that things go bad slowly, some things going bad don't change the feel, and you won't notice the difference until someone points it out to you. Do the updates, with any of these suggestions, and the whole ride will feel better in lots of ways. If you are driving a lot, or planning to keep it, find the right mechanic, parts and get er done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12