Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Need help diagnosing why I have no audio/nav function

So when I bought my car the audio and everything worked fine, then it sat for about 2 weeks and moved maybe twice while I waited to be able to register the vehicle (appointments at the DMV are scheduled a month ahead here). Now the I have no radio function/nav function and no audio at all. When I open the door the nav screen displays BMW but after that nothing else. Not sure of the age of my battery but tomorrow I will go check it out and see if a need a new one or a recharge and hopefully that fixes the issue. Any other ideas on why my radio could be doing this? Could it possibly be the amp? Any help will would be appreciated

I don't have nav in my car. Does your Nav display everything and the only problem is sound? Could be a sign that the amp in your trunk is not working. No sound on any of the inputs?
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    I don't have nav in my car. Does your Nav display everything and the only problem is sound? Could be a sign that the amp in your trunk is not working. No sound on any of the inputs?
    So currently the nav really does nothing but react whenever I get in and out of my car by displaying the BMW letters and then the screen stays black. i cannot switch to any other inputs and I even tried playing a cd but nothing works currently. At night all buttons on the radio light up and I am able to dim them so I do think it has power going to it. I was also thinking it could be the amp but i will double check the connections today and check for any corrosion or signs of extreme wear.

try pulling the fuses associated with the radio/nav unit then after a few seconds reinsert the fuses. See if the power interruption will reset the radio/nav computer...

Fuse 7 and 41. Pull both of them out then wait a few seconds before reinserting them.

Well now that finals are over and I have the next two weeks free before summer classes I figured it would be a good time to reply with what happen. So I began with trying to pull fuse 7 and 41 together to reset the nav as recommended from @cakM3 but that didn't work, car had the same symptoms. School was getting pretty intense and between full time work and school I just decided to let it go for now. Then my cluster stopped illuminating so I figured that was more important than my radio. So I searched the forum for answers and ran into this thread where my exact issue was spoken about...(here's the thread for anyone interested) http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...WORKING-*Help*. So I read up on that thread and was frustrated bc it stated that everyone had success when they let their car sit without fuse 43 for a couple days and my car had been sitting for a WEEK before I read the thread. So I got home pulled out fuse 43 and then lo and behold the radio and nav immediately starting working. I sat in the car for some time testing both the radio, and cd player. Satisfied with the outcome I tuned the car off and the nav screen stayed on with gps functionality but no radio. I turned the monitor off and left fuse 43 out for about 20 min. Came back to the car put the fuse back in, turned the car on and off and everything is working as it should!! Today is only day 2 problem free hopefully it stays this way but I will report back if something changes. Thanks for the responses/help

Glad you found the answer to these problems! Hoping for the best.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg