Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Threaded View

Richie Rich's ZHP build thread

Hey ZHP family! Richard here from San Diego with a new to me ZHP. She's an '04 manual with black alcantara interior that I found locally on the ZHP facebook group page. It wasn't the color I wanted but hey, a ZHP is a ZHP right? As with all build threads, I will keep the updated with new content and progress as I go. Not sure how long I will be keeping her (I have a tendency to go through cars) but I feel like I will enjoy this car very much!

The previous owner took good care of her but was wanting to move onto something different (Corvette). He was up front about the oil pan leak (no drips besides when I park on the driveway with the front end pointing down the driveway) and a fuel pump issue. The car seems to bog out in certain RPM ranges and when on the throttle heavily when in high gear but low range of RPM. Scanned the car and it brought up a generic P2240 and P0461 code. P2240 from what I have read might get remedied from the software update, which I plan on taking to the dealership for when I also get the airbag recall done. Hopefully this will address the 4k rpm issue that ZHP owners talk about. The previous owner did the DISA permanent valve upgrade along with the cooling system, which was a huge plus for me. As for the P0461, I am changing out both the fuel pump with the level sending unit (passenger side) and the individual level sending unit (drive side).

As I post this, I gathered parts and accessories that I have purchased over the last week to install tomorrow. Funny thing is, tomorrow is my birthday and the lady asked what I wanted to do. I asked if I can be left alone in the shop so I can blast my music and work on my car. Birthday wish granted! Though I have never been mechanically inclined growing up, my job for the past 5 years has taught me how to wrench and become a big DIYer. Luckily for me, we are a manufacturing company that happens to have 2 in ground lifts here at work so I can pretty much do most of the work.

Subscribe to the thread, ask questions and see what I have planned for this ZHP

• 2004 BMW 330i in Jet Black with black alcantara interior
    • 6-speed manual
    • Options: Performance package, moonroof and xenon headlights
    • Purchased on 04/17/2021 with 107,018 miles

(More pictures will be added once I take some. Only have this one so far when I brought it home)

Timeline of events:
    Last edited by ItsRichieRich; 07-06-2021 at 09:23 AM.