Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Sprint Booster v3 question - will another BMW series SB work on the ZHP?

Hi all,
    I've had a Sprint Booster v3 for a few years and have used this same booster on 2 newer models of BMW. Now that I have sold those cars and bought my '05 ZHP, I'm wondering whether it would work correctly?

Has anyone tried a SB v3 from another BMW model/series?

I pinged Sprint Booster and this was their response: "The plug should be the same between the two BMW models. The issue you may have is the programming could be different. But you can install the sprint booster and see if there any drive ability issues."

I am.. of course.. hesitant to plug it in and then all the sudden the throttle goes through the roof and blows the engine. and yeah, I get that it's a very small likelihood, but thought I would ask around if anyone had tried it before.

If you don't want to buy a new SB for your ZHP, you can try plugging your current SB v3 in and if the throttle starts to cause the engine to rev you can quickly turn off your ignition to shut down the engine. Just have your hands on the ignition key so that when you start the car with your SB hooked up you can see if you will need to quickly turn off the car.

or

you can sell your current SB v3 and just order one that is for E46 manual or auto and not have to worry at all... I for one have never had to do this.

Based on Sprint Booster's response that you posted, I would do the latter and sell the version you have to buy the one made specifically for your car but that's my two cents input...