Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Help!!! Coolant leak through transmission

Hi, I please need your help!
    A few month ago the car overheated and I finally decided to change the main parts of the cooling system at 145.000.
    I just changed radiator, expansion tank, expansion tank retainer and pipes, oil cooler thermostat, water thermostat, water pump with Stewart Components water pump, pulleys, belts and tensioners, upper and lower thermostat hoses, and filled with BMW blue coolant.
    There's no visible leak on any of the changed components or other hoses but there's a huge leak coming down the transmission bell.

Any Ideas on what the problem can be?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Not too many things that would leak like that. First thought was the hardlines under the intake but I don’t think it would drain like that...more like down the side of the engine. Is that an auto trans? There are cooler lines running back to the auto trans. If your auto trans cooler failed you could mix coolant with the auto trans fluid but I don’t think that would be pure coolant leaking like it appears in your picture. More like a muddy mess and you’d likely have shifting problems. I think my money is on your heater core lines that run right into the firewall behind the engine and above the transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by foolio View Post
    Not too many things that would leak like that. First thought was the hardlines under the intake but I don’t think it would drain like that...more like down the side of the engine. Is that an auto trans? There are cooler lines running back to the auto trans. If your auto trans cooler failed you could mix coolant with the auto trans fluid but I don’t think that would be pure coolant leaking like it appears in your picture. More like a muddy mess and you’d likely have shifting problems. I think my money is on your heater core lines that run right into the firewall behind the engine and above the transmission.
    Yes it's an automatic.

Have you figured this out yet?

The heater hoses enter the firewall on their way to the core right above the starter. I'd reckon that one of those would be your culprit. Probably have to pull the cabin air filter housing to get a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by VpointVick View Post
    Have you figured this out yet?

The heater hoses enter the firewall on their way to the core right above the starter. I'd reckon that one of those would be your culprit. Probably have to pull the cabin air filter housing to get a good look.
    Thank you for the advice, didn't have the time to check yet.