My name is Doug and I picked up a 2005 ZHP convertible in SGM on gray last August. This is my second 330CI and third BMW. Like many of you I like to do my own maintenance and where possible repair work although old age is beginning to reduce the number of jobs I'm willing to undertake. My one advantage is I have a BendPak four post lift so under-car work is easier. (That comes in particularly handy for working on my other fun car...a 1968 Mercury Cougar.)

My ZHP has about 125k miles. It is pretty solid but paint condition is so-so and it has more dings than any other car I've ever owned. But I love how it drives (although the prior owner put new run-flat tires on it...I need to wear those out fast ).

It was purchased in Germany by a US military officer and brought to the states. It may have moved between several military members as it has been from the east coast to Hawaii...probably shipped around at government expense. The only downside is that I have no maintenance records for the car beyond what CARFAX can provide. The good news is that much of the work that was done was at dealerships but CARFAX is not specific as to what was done.

So far I've redone the entire cooling system, changed most of the fluids and filters, installed some new interior plastic parts and sanded, buffed and sealed the headlights. Upon awaking from winter hibernation, the convertible top started acting up. Finally figured out that the top cover latch motor gear is stripped. Waiting for a replacement motor to get shipped...a steal at $30 from FCP Euro.

Finally got scanning software for my laptop. Ordered the iSaddle cable and downloaded PA Soft 1.4. Got it up and running on my Win 10 laptop but not quite perfectly...a new thread will be forthcoming with my questions.

I'm in central PA...Mechanicsburg to be precise. Interested if there are any other Mafioso in my area.

I look forward to interacting with you all although most of my side of the conversation will probably be saying "thank you" a lot.