Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: PA Soft issues

PA Soft issues

Loaded up PA Soft BMW Scanner 1.4.0.7 on my Win 10 laptop. Using the iSaddle cable off Amazon. Got the drivers downloaded and working. Scans the modules fine. I have two issues (although my wife may say I have many more than that).

First, no live data from the DME. I get live data from some of the other modules but not DME. I've read that it can be hit or miss. My question is: has anyone ever gone from not getting live data on DME to figuring out how to get it? If not, I guess I'm just out of luck.

Second, when I select View Log from the main menu I get and error: Failed to set data for ". Seems it won't create the log file. Any ideas how to solve this? In Settings, the box for "Results will be saved in sessions folders [program restart is necessary]" is checked. I tried reloading the software but that didn't help. Without the logs I have to write down any errors I want to remember.

Thanks

Try running the software as administrator. Right-click the icon and select Run as Administrator.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Try running the software as administrator. Right-click the icon and select Run as Administrator.
    Genius is finding the simplest answer to a problem...that worked for the logging problem. Thanks. Still not seeing live data on DME but I fear that is a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by decarguy View Post
    Genius is finding the simplest answer to a problem...that worked for the logging problem. Thanks. Still not seeing live data on DME but I fear that is a lost cause.
    I'm not too sure if PA Soft does live DME data; would have to check.
    How come you're using an 'iSaddle' cable? Try using the regular PA Soft adapter with a standard USB type-A to type-B cable and try it that way.
    A lot of aftermarket OBD2 readers don't properly work on our cars. PA Soft and all of the BMW factory tools (INPA, ISTA, etc.) are designed for our cars, so those are the pieces of software I would recommend instead.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I'm not too sure if PA Soft does live DME data; would have to check.
    How come you're using an 'iSaddle' cable? Try using the regular PA Soft adapter with a standard USB type-A to type-B cable and try it that way.
    A lot of aftermarket OBD2 readers don't properly work on our cars. PA Soft and all of the BMW factory tools (INPA, ISTA, etc.) are designed for our cars, so those are the pieces of software I would recommend instead.
    iSaddle is the brand for a PS Soft cable sold on Amazon: "iSaddle for BMW Scanner 1.4.0 Programmer V1.4 ECU EEPROM Diagnostic Code Reader for E38 E39 E46 E53". So it's just another PA soft adapter...sorry if my reference to iSaddle was confusing.

I've read that some people can read live data from the DME with PA Soft but it seems like it's inconsistent. If I really find I need live data I can always get another cable and use BMW Tools.