Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2.5 year ZHP owner

2nd ZHP in the last 2.5 years. Owned a 2004 silver grey sedan ZHP and drove it from 120k -> 140k miles before selling after a year of ownership.
    Name is Brendon, originally a Cali boy, but stuck in NJ for now!

Now own a 2003 imola red sedan S54 ZHP (odometer @ 253k, picked up @ 242k). Hood is pretty much trashed from acorns (previous owner said parked under a tree), roof's got like 6 dings, driver side door not 100% aligned, all 4 doors have dings, rear fenders got a dent, trunks got a few dings, front bumper cover not fitting correctly, fender liners for the wrong car (coupe vs sedan), missing belly pans underneath, paint clearcoat peeling on roof and door handles.

What's been done so far in the last 1.5 years:
    • Suspension (bushings, arms, shocks, struts, etc) refreshed
    • Power steering lines, rack, reservoir, hoses, pump replaced
    • Mishimoto aluminum shroud, electric fan conversion, aluminum radiator
    • Cooling system (expansion tank, water pump, pulleys, thermostat, hoses, etc) refreshed
    • Oil filter housing gasket, valve cover gasket, coil packs, spark plugs replaced
    • Belts/pulleys replaced
    • Differential fell out of the car when I bought it and drove it back from Georgia... sourced another one and replaced the bushings
    • Center support bearing, guibo, rear main seal replaced
    • All fluids (brakes, coolant, oil, transmission fluid, diff oil, etc.)
    • Installed window wiper fluid reservoir behind bumper cover and sourced all missing lines and pieces to get the nozzles working again
    • Kassel Performance re-coded my modules so everything matches to the sedan VIN
    • Kassel Performance also installed rear door LED's in instrument cluster
    • Replaced all 4 door cards for natural brown ones (previous ones were missing most clips and just hanging on by like 3 clips)
    • Replaced all window regulators
    • Replaced all door panel weather foam (previous ones were all cut out from previous window regulator jobs)
    • Re-did front and rear seats with matching seat covers from Lseat. Close to natural brown, not quite.
    • Retrofit in seat heater elements and ran wires to the front console to fit heated seats.
    • Replaced center console for euro-tray with arm-rest delete and sourced new plastic trims all around including cup holders/coin holder.
    • Replaced brakeboot and shiftboot with used OEM leather set from Ebay for now (planning to switch to alcantara when I do F10 M5 illuminated shiftknob)
    • Replaced old weathered M3 knob with new ZHP knob.
    • Replaced factory nav unit (dead pixels) with Dynavin N7 and installed reverse camera)
    • Replaced old black cube trim that was damaged with very good condition silver cube trim set.
    • Replaced front windshield cowl and wiper blades
    • Replaced rear passenger window (was aftermarket) with used OEM
    • Replaced front kidney grills with OEM and plasti dipped them in black with the hood plastic trim
    • Replaced fog light assembly
    • Replaced headlight covers and gaskets
    • Replaced turn signals/side markers for euro clears
    • Replaced rear tail lights/turn signals for euro clears
    • Replaced headlight bulbs (Philips D2S 6k) and installed Orion V3 angel eyes kit
    • Replaced side mirrors with sedan replicas and fit in ribbon cable motors
    • Replaced old ZHP rims (curb rashed everywhere with sunfade bleeding through paint) with Apex ARC-8 (square) on Michelin Pilot 4S
    • Removed old window tints that were bubbling
    • Replaced old HK speakers for BAVSOUND set (some speakers were missing from previous owner)
    • Replaced sunroof guides and lubricated tracks (was getting stuck mid-opening)
    • Replaced glove box latch (sticking)

Need to do still:

• Sealing plate or vanos gasket is starting to leak oil... will probably do a full vanos job soon (no record of it being done from previous owner)
    • Fuel pump/sending unit and lines (don't know what is in there... could be E46 330i, could be E46 M3, but I have this issue from time to time where I can't start the car right away and it'll just crank infinitely, will immediately fire on second crank without any hesitation. Can mitigate issue if I prime the fuel pump a few times before starting, I know M3 uses more fuel pressure and has a different fuel pump setup and fuel line setup so could be that..?)
    • Rod bearings eventually(VIN off motor shows recall service for shells done @99k miles... motors got about 160k now, blackstone analysis shows very healthy and no copper)
    • Charcoal canister pin outs and line (currently coded out to pass emissions... previous owner did not connect line from fuel expansion tank to charcoal canister and the pin outs to DME have not been changed since the DME is from M3)
    • PDR (a lot of it, but I'm not too worried about the front hood, fender, bumper or the rear bumper and trunk since I want to eventually do the E46 M3 body conversion as well)
    • Front windshield is not OEM and bugs me... (I also want to get the updated one that works with RLS sensor so I can have auto-headlights and rain sensing like my 04 had)
    • Fresh paint job (would like to do during body conversion)
    • Keys and holes (EWS, starter, and all the locks are from a different 3 series... don't ask me why because it came like that... I want to get a set that matches my chassis VIN from BMW so I can also get a OEM key made)
    • Rewrap headliner, pillars, and rear deck in alcantara

Didn't have a more recent picture with my mirrors installed... so here's two pictures.

Name:  zhp.JPG
Views: 355
Size:  63.5 KB
    Name:  mirror.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  51.5 KB
    Last edited by BH93; 06-03-2021 at 12:10 PM.

Welcome, sir. IR FTW ! Good license plate.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Welcome, sir. IR FTW ! Good license plate.
    Thank you. Wish my car looked as clean as yours!

That's a lot of work and more to come!
    Great project!
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Welcome, you're lucky to have such a sweet engine! Btw what front license plate mount is that? Getting my front bumper painted and having the plate holes shaved, obviously don't want to re-mount the plate right on the bumper
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Welcome, you're lucky to have such a sweet engine! Btw what front license plate mount is that? Getting my front bumper painted and having the plate holes shaved, obviously don't want to re-mount the plate right on the bumper
    US millworks. I highly recommend it. Very strong, no vibrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    That's a lot of work and more to come!
    Great project!
    Always something new to work on... I daily this thing on NJ roads and it's not the best roads...

Quote Originally Posted by BH93 View Post
    US millworks. I highly recommend it. Very strong, no vibrations.

Thanks for the feedback - just placed my order!
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Welcome!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Awesome car! Welcome from a fellow NJ IR zhp!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    - Marc

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Welcome!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    Awesome car! Welcome from a fellow NJ IR zhp!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Which part of NJ are you in?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast