Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Whoa that's awesome news. I would definitely be interested in doing this mod myself since I've been looking for a reason to swap my cluster (original cluster went bad and haven't gotten around to replacing it with a new ZHP cluster yet). Definitely keep us updated...in the mean time I guess I should be looking on ebay for a manual M3 cluster? Also let me know who can virginize the cluster.

Edit: Also just realized, we would need to mod the cluster for 4 doors in case you have a sedan that you want to do this with correct? If I remember from nextel's build, he had to actually solder in the LEDs for the rear doors.

M3 cluster warm up lights

Quote Originally Posted by sum1orotha View Post
    Whoa that's awesome news. I would definitely be interested in doing this mod myself since I've been looking for a reason to swap my cluster (original cluster went bad and haven't gotten around to replacing it with a new ZHP cluster yet). Definitely keep us updated...in the mean time I guess I should be looking on ebay for a manual M3 cluster?
    When you find an M3 instrument cluster to get be sure it has the 24H code on it. You will see it on the top of the instrument cluster and the sticker will look like this:

Also let me know who can virginize the cluster.
    You can find Fixels on Facebook at this link here:

https://www.facebook.com/Fixels

They can change out the VIN and zero the mileage on the instrument cluster and they can also add the two additional red LEDs (@ 7k and 7.5k) and move the redline from 8k to 7k. I will be sending out my M3 instrument cluster to have all this done to it soon.

Edit: Also just realized, we would need to mod the cluster for 4 doors in case you have a sedan that you want to do this with correct? If I remember from nextel's build, he had to actually solder in the LEDs for the rear doors.
    Reach out to Kassel Performance. They modded my instrument cluster for 4 doors.

Good update, thanks Charlie

did this guy producing the modules specifically state that it has to be a 24H coded cluster? if so, did he state why?

Generally speaking, you can make 23H coded clusters work as well, but they have to be certain year ones if I am not mistaken
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Good update, thanks Charlie

did this guy producing the modules specifically state that it has to be a 24H coded cluster? if so, did he state why?

Generally speaking, you can make 23H coded clusters work as well, but they have to be certain year ones if I am not mistaken
    This is what Raymond used and the module worked perfectly so I went with the 24H cluster when I got mine... luckily mine also happened to have the 4-door mod done to it by Kassel Performance so all I have to do now is virginize the cluster and add the two red LEDs replacing the amber 7k and 7.5k LEDs... then plug the module in and I will have everything working.

For me getting the 24H cluster eliminated any guess work knowing this works with the module.

Here is a picture showing Raymond's setup and you can see his M3 cluster in this picture...

yeah, if I remember correctly there are certain 23H coded clusters that work and then definitely 24H. I'm excited to see if this module works well.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

yeah, if I remember correctly there are certain 23H coded clusters that work and then definitely 24H. I'm excited to see if this module works well.
    Perhaps Jacob but rather then trying to dig up the info regarding which 23H clusters work when all you need to do is source a 24H cluster and know that will work... I would just source a 24H cluster and call it a day

If this module works/functions normally and allows for the rest of the M3 cluster features to work after you trial run it: I'll buy one and have it installed. If it doesn't work, then I will look into buying a 24H cluster, if mine is in fact a 23H. I honestly cant remember what mine is. I cant see there being any issues though

If this module works/functions normally and allows for the rest of the M3 cluster features to work after you trial run it: I'll buy one and have it installed. If it doesn't work, then I will look into buying a 24H cluster, if mine is in fact a 23H. I honestly cant remember what mine is. I cant see there being any issues though
    I sent Dimitri an email and asked him for his PayPal so I can send him the money for his module. For now it's a waiting game. I will be sending in my M3 gauge cluster and LCM to Fixels as well so they can do their magic to my cluster and then send everything back. Once I have everything I can reinstall all items and see how the M3 gauge cluster works. I will be taking a video to document the startup and see the oil warm up lights function...

Nice!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast