Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Leather seats falling apart - suggested temporary fixes

Unsure this really goes in detailing; but a more appropriate forum didn’t really jump out at me.

So one of my leather seats is doing this. Seems like a reupholster is the only real fix, but is there something that wouldn’t look absolutely terrible in the meantime? Wondering if they sell any color matched stick on patches or something I could put over this cracking seam - or if there is anything else I could do to “get by” until I can find budget and someone I trust to permanently repair this.

Any suggestions appreciated - open to anything really.

Name:  0CC47002-631A-4921-9B03-6711808E9A5E.jpeg
Views: 1165
Size:  1.88 MB
    '05 ZHP Coupe 6MT | Imola Red w/ Natural Brown
    M3 Mirrors | BMW Performance Airbox & Strut Brace | AC Schnitzer Pedals | Weathertech Mats | Homelink Transmitter | OEM First Aid Box | Dynavin N7 Pro

Maybe get a temporary seat cover from Lseat or some other vendor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

I would not bother with a temporary fix. My auto upholstery guy can replace individual panels for relatively short money and have it look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot05 View Post
    I would not bother with a temporary fix. My auto upholstery guy can replace individual panels for relatively short money and have it look great.
    Hmm - "individual panels?" I'm not sure what this means - like just specific sections of a seat vs the entire thing?
    M3 Mirrors | BMW Performance Airbox & Strut Brace | AC Schnitzer Pedals | Weathertech Mats | Homelink Transmitter | OEM First Aid Box | Dynavin N7 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Hmm - "individual panels?" I'm not sure what this means - like just specific sections of a seat vs the entire thing?
    Correct. Obviously you'd be concerned about a color match.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Sreten has a video relevant to your repair. A good upholsterer should be able to stitch it back for you, but yeah as others mentioned colour matching of the leather will be the trickiest bit:

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Correct. Obviously you'd be concerned about a color match.
    Yeah a good auto upholster shop will take the leather off the seat and replace individual panels as needed. A good one won't have trouble matching it up.

The shop should be able to rebuild foam too as needed.

Huh. Chatted with a bunch of upholstery shops and one with excellent reviews can replace the panel for $200. At the moment that’s tempting. So that suggestion was something I didn’t know was possible.

I might start collecting good condition Natural Brown materials that I see in good condition. There aren’t that many cars in this color which limits both supply and demand - but replacing the full covers in this color doesn’t look easy…