Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: Umnitza vs ????

Umnitza vs ????

Wanting to add angel lights and would like to know which one is better, umnitza or the angel light guy? My headlights are sealed and I wouldn't like to deal with reopening them again so I would like to go with the most reliable units.

Which would you guys recommend?
    2002 325i black auto
    2005 330ci ZHP Alpine White auto
    2011 e92 M3 Alpine White 6 speed

I've had umnitza predator orion V2's for 10 years, never had any issues and still running strong. Plus they have lifetime warranty.
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

I have been using Umnitza Orion V4s on both my cars for years without issues. It comes down to how much you're willing to spend and what you're looking to get from them. Type of lighting output and color....I myself like clean and bright which these V4s provide...

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I have been using Umnitza Orion V4s on both my cars for years without issues. It comes down to how much you're willing to spend and what you're looking to get from them. Type of lighting output and color....I myself like clean and bright which these V4s provide...
    I can attest to the V4s as well, worth the cost.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

They are all pretty reliable tbh. Although I have come across some failures on the facelift coupe version for the Umnitza ones. One of them was from a member on here.

Thanks guys, I'm leaning towards umnitza. I used to have a set back in 2004 on an e36 m3 I had, plus the warranty and that you can dim the lights which is very appealing to me as I don't like them too bright. In fact, I'm even considering the ccfl version as they aren't too bright but I'm not sure if they are visible during the day, also, with ccfl I could pick the color to match the headlights instead of going with 6k on the led angel lights.

I'm also undecided between opaque or standard version if I do decide to go with the onion's v4.
    2002 325i black auto

The color on Umnitza are like 7000K even though it's marketed as 6000K. They do have a 4300K version I think. Iono though. I like how it's more continuous on the opaque version. However, when they are off, they are way more noticeable which I don't like.

You can dim on any of the LED angels if you just wire up a rheostat/potentiometer to them. But if you are planning to dim them, opaque is probably the way to go. Since dimming them would make them more likely to display the "pearl effect".

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    The color on Umnitza are like 7000K even though it's marketed as 6000K. They do have a 4300K version I think. Iono though. I like how it's more continuous on the opaque version. However, when they are off, they are way more noticeable which I don't like.

You can dim on any of the LED angels if you just wire up a rheostat/potentiometer to them. But if you are planning to dim them, opaque is probably the way to go. Since dimming them would make them more likely to display the "pearl effect".
    Thats the main thing I'm not liking about the opaque, seen pics of them during the day and its very noticeable when they are off as you said.
    2002 325i black auto