Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Revshift and Condor.

Why are you looking to do anything other than OEM transmission mounts though? Like I said, if you are looking for tangible improvements, look at engine mounts. Group N mounts are hard to beat and there is no additional NVH when driving and no distortion like on poly mounts. Though in your position I would probably just do M3 mounts all around and call it a day.
    No particular reason, but I already have the rogue transmission mounts and oem m3 engine mounts in my possession. I would have to sell the RE tranny mounts and then buy the m3 tranny mounts. So im trying to figure out if it's worth that effort. Both the revshift and condor ones should be stiffer than the rogues. I understand what you mean about it not making a real difference in feel, but if the rogue ones are fine I dont see a need to sell them and get the m3 ones.

I'll be doing other work on the car though so I'll think about over the weekend. Maybe if I find a quick buyer itll make it easier, but the reviews for the rogue mounts are looking good everywhere Ive seen them.

Speaking of transmission NVH im looking to stiffen up my shifter. I bought the turner 6 speed refresh kit awhile back but now Im hearing about the teflon bushes not really fitting, and the blue rear carrier bushing developing noise over time. So If I have to sell some things I might put that up for sale too. I like the OEM throw so dont want to go to a shorter shift.

Looking at the garagistic DSSR and their bushings, and upgraded CNCed selector joint. A few posts have said the majority of the play is from the selector joint (the piece with the foam in it), and either the foam wearing or the plastic bushing wearing. The garagistic unit uses a ball bearing instead of the plastic one.

Quote Originally Posted by REF84 View Post
    Speaking of transmission NVH im looking to stiffen up my shifter. I bought the turner 6 speed refresh kit awhile back but now Im hearing about the teflon bushes not really fitting, and the blue rear carrier bushing developing noise over time. So If I have to sell some things I might put that up for sale too. I like the OEM throw so dont want to go to a shorter shift.
    I had a shop replace all the linkages and bushings back in 2017, completely transformed the feel and got rid of almost all the play. It's still holding up well 5 years later though I might consider doing all of that again in the next year or two. Honestly for 5-7 years of crisp shifting just doing a full OEM refresh is not a bad deal.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I had a shop replace all the linkages and bushings back in 2017, completely transformed the feel and got rid of almost all the play. It's still holding up well 5 years later though I might consider doing all of that again in the next year or two. Honestly for 5-7 years of crisp shifting just doing a full OEM refresh is not a bad deal.
    I decided to keep the turner kit then. Not worth the hassle. They had their DSSR for our cars on sale so I snagged it.

My ctmotorsport1 aluminum subframe bushings came in along with the Turner DSSR.

Love me some new shiny metal parts.

Also got my MOOG bushings:

As well as an install kit from a guy named 330shawn in the e46fanatics forum.

It has a press ring to make sure the bushing goes in the proper depth. A flap wheel to clean the inside of the RTAB housing, and two sleeves that let you fit in the stock mounting bolt.

(The press ring is upside down here but you get the idea)

Vincebar came in today, paid the invoice on 9/26, so a little over a week to arrive at my doorstep. This is the epoxy/rivet kit + toolkit. And some Swedish candy.

Quote Originally Posted by REF84 View Post
    Vincebar came in today, paid the invoice on 9/26, so a little over a week to arrive at my doorstep. This is the epoxy/rivet kit + toolkit. And some Swedish candy.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345