Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

ZHP values rising. At what point do you just get an M3 ?

Hello , scott from wisconsin here. I have been car shopping since before the covid car curse. I have an old e36 but it rusty and an automatic so not that interesting. So i met someone with a ZHP and was impressed. Seems a great car and great value....but when prices started to almost double in the last 18 months.. at least on the bmw and porsche 996 that interested me I just stopped and wondered if the bubble will continue ?? Or will values drop back to what I considered more normal..
    So I am in need of a fun car and have funds available but am not willing to pay crazy levels of money.
    So at what point does getting a M3 instead start to make more sense? I think the ZHP would bd awesome for my needs, but the M3 is more a standard car that people understand. I think the M3 value might be easier to figure out in a year or two to purchase, and might bd easier to figure out if I sell it in 15 years when I am too old to have fun anymore.
    Your opinions would be appreciated. In no way am I saying a ZHP is not awesome by itself.

all car prices are going up, clean/well sorted/taken care of M3s are going for stupid money. and they were going for stupid money before the used car market got...……….stupid. prices will go down when the dealerships start getting more inventory back.

I don't think ZHP prices will sink as I believe the prices have steadily been going up, same goes for the M3 market. But both are appreciating in value.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

A low mileage well sorted zhp and a not well taken care of SMG M3 are in the same ball park price wise. If purchase budget and maintenance budget allows and you don’t need 4 doors then I would get the M3. IMO now seems like a good time to get on the M3 train before even the bad examples start to command high prices.
    But if you plan on driving lots, then don’t bother paying a premium and getting a low mileage example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Can't really be compared, IMO. I know there are those $25K ZHPs on BaT but I'd say those don't count, they are outliers. A decently sorted ZHP will be ~$10-15K at most, for that price you'd be looking at an SMG M3 that needs a some work. After said work is done, you're no longer into the car for $15K, more like $20K+. And you'd have to spend even more money to do a manual swap
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Rovert will tell you if he were getting back into the E46 game (ignoring his M3), he' likely go for a ZHP over an M3.

My buddy got a manual M3 convertible 2 years ago for $12k with 100k miles. Let's just say he should've listened to my advice on getting a ZHP for that money instead.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Rovert will tell you if he were getting back into the E46 game (ignoring his M3), he' likely go for a ZHP over an M3.
    This.....99%. LOL

Your $15K ZHP to run it is probably an $18k ZHP in a few years in regards to running it. While a $15k M3 will balloon into a $30k+ M3 due to added maintenance. To some it's a drop in the bucket to have that clout while others would rather sell their kidney and donate 3 fingers/toes to have that ///M clout. I could do without out. But now that I've gone all in, she's a keeper. LOL
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    This.....99%. LOL

Your $15K ZHP to run it is probably an $18k ZHP in a few years in regards to running it. While a $15k M3 will balloon into a $30k+ M3 due to added maintenance. To some it's a drop in the bucket to have that clout while others would rather sell their kidney and donate 3 fingers/toes to have that ///M clout. I could do without out. But now that I've gone all in, she's a keeper. LOL
    I'd never sell that Estoril beauty best colour, hands-down
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    I'd never sell that Estoril beauty best colour, hands-down
    I agree here. Trevor you should keep your M3 forever

For discussion sake, I say why not have both? I wouldn't have it any other way and am glad I happen to have a ZHP and M3, both of which are 2004 6MT models

Lucky bastard…
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast