Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Question Bizarre Electrical Issue - Light Sequence w/ Lock/Unlock after IBUS Module

Hey all -- I posted this over at E46 Fanatics since this isn't ZHP specific but got zero traction. Trying here to see if there are any ideas.

Background: I recently replaced the factory HU with aftermarket (Avin Avant 4) and upgraded to BavSound speakers. The car had the factory HK system. When I replaced the HU, I added the IBUS dongle and paid for the licensed IBUS software for coding. I ran out of time the day of install and didn't get the chance to even tinker with the IBUS app -- I basically installed everything per the instructions, tested and finished up. When I went to lock the car that night, I noticed I had a new weird exterior light sequence that was triggered by locking/unlocking the doors w/ the fob.

I've now driven the car for 2 weeks and this has continued with no other electrical issues emerging... here's a video showing the "sequence." Does anyone have any idea what could be happening here?

https://youtu.be/yWDMWY0GHgg
    My Garage
    2005 E46 330i ZHP 6MT, Imola Red/Natural Brown
    2011 E93 335i 'Vert M-Sport, Le Mans Blue/Bamboo Beige
    2022 G01 X3 M40i, Brooklyn Grey/Tacora Red

And obviously I also realize the simple thing to do here is to take the new components away to see if that solves the problem but I'm hoping someone here might have an idea of what's happening / a fix as I really like the new HU and I-BUS module!
    My Garage

Dude I see why you haven't gotten any responses. That shit is wack. Never seen anything like it.

You do have a handful of variables so definitely pull one at a time, starting with the easiest one.

Probably ghosts tho

It's part of the IBUS you installed. That was probably the default programming for the coming home feature. Sort of like for factory, we can turn it on manually be pulling back on the stock while the car is off and the lights will stay on for like 90 seconds. I believe the IBUS does the same thing, but just automated. I would start with playing with the lighting options that's part of the suite to see if you could get it to turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    It's part of the IBUS you installed. That was probably the default programming for the coming home feature. Sort of like for factory, we can turn it on manually be pulling back on the stock while the car is off and the lights will stay on for like 90 seconds. I believe the IBUS does the same thing, but just automated. I would start with playing with the lighting options that's part of the suite to see if you could get it to turn off.
    YES! You solved it! I was looking only for light functionality, not at the coming home feature (which was in some pretty deep menus). I disabled that completely and it solved the problem. Thank you!
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    That was an awesome spot ghosts or not