Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wiper Arm Removal

ZHP Mafia members:

I need help removing the wiper arms from their posts to replace the windshield cowl.

I viewed a Shop Life video which instructed one to laterally rock to remove. I tried that, did not move. I do not want to force anything. I also tried pulling with my fingers, straight up ... no movement. Also, placed a trim removal tool behind the arm housing to pry with a little force, again ... no movement.

How does one remove it?

See attached photos...

SatchoName:  WIN_20210727_19_57_41_Pro.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  146.1 KB

Spray some penetration liquid on it, close the hood, put the arms up and rock them back and forth.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Spray some penetration liquid on it, close the hood, put the arms up and rock them back and forth.
    +1 What Vas just said... easiest way to do this

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I shall try the penetrating oil. Initially, I only rocked it for maybe 3 seconds which I tried with the hood closed and the wiper up. Hopefully, the penetrating oil and a longer period of time rocking wil do it.

Mine didn't budge with oil/rocking/prying/any damn thing. This little guy made short work of them, though. It's a copy of the BMW tool.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B076PY87...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks. I read further that some individuals went to Autozone and used a puller for free (refundable deposit).

This is what I used. $12and does the job perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Mine didn't budge with oil/rocking/prying/any damn thing. This little guy made short work of them, though. It's a copy of the BMW tool.
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B076PY87...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    This is what the BMW puller looks like (~$38 on eBay). I talked to my glass shop to see that they use/recommend & went with the puller like the one you showed from Amazon. It worked!
    Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  74.4 KB
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    This is what the BMW puller looks like (~$38 on eBay). I talked to my glass shop to see that they use/recommend & went with the puller like the one you showed from Amazon. It worked!
    Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  74.4 KB
    I was able to remove both assemblies without penetrating oil, simply rocking back and forth. Driver's-side took about 25-30 seconds. The passenger-side took several minutes of intermittent rocking. Since I could see movement, I kept at it.

Thanks to everyone who contributed. Good sense of accomplishment. Now on to installing carbon fiber trim, valve cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket, oil pan gasket control arms (bushings and ball joints), engine and transmission mounts, some sensors, and upper & lower air intakes hoses.

I am wondering about how the Amazon and BMW pullers are
    placed on the wiper assembly post?

what worked for me was to hold the wiper assemblies base perpendicular to the shaft and pull. This requires you to hold the arm that's spring loaded in compression.
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast