Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DRL

DRL

My 2005 ZHP has DRL. My 2002 does not. How can I get rid of them and make lights like my 2002? They can’t be turned off at all.

Requires coding to disable.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I was afraid of that. Thanks!

There are some reasonably priced apps for coding - BimmerCode & Carly are two. Your local independent shop might turn them off for you for cheap!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    There are some reasonably priced apps for coding - BimmerCode & Carly are two. Your local independent shop might turn them off for you for cheap!
    Nah, don't use Carly - what a rip-off. You have to pay something like $80 for the dongle, and then it's a subscription per month or year to keep using it for coding. No idea how much BimmerCode is but if it's similar then also not worth it.

All OP needs is a K+D CAN cable that can be had off eBay for cheap (~$20-30) and NCS Expert which is free. Much cheaper than the aforementioned, also more powerful for our cars. I can see Carly being useful for newer cars like the E90, but not for our E46s

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Nah, don't use Carly - what a rip-off. You have to pay something like $80 for the dongle, and then it's a subscription per month or year to keep using it for coding. No idea how much BimmerCode is but if it's similar then also not worth it.

All OP needs is a K+D CAN cable that can be had off eBay for cheap (~$20-30) and NCS Expert which is free. Much cheaper than the aforementioned, also more powerful for our cars. I can see Carly being useful for newer cars like the E90, but not for our E46s
    All true - Carly went to an annual subscription, so nix that. BimmerCode also requires a dongle & then you pay for the app.

Y'all make INPA & NCS Expert sound so easy to use, but I'm not very computer-proficient. Waiting to get the nerve up to look into installing Ted's BlueBus in my '03 E39!!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Thanks guys. May see if I can have it done when other repairs are done at Indy.

NCS Expert is not a user friendly solution, so I'm always hesitant to recommend that to anyone without knowing their level of skill with technology.

If you were local to CT I could've done it for you.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

For drl, just use PA soft. Easier to use. Bimnercode doesn't even work on e46 I think. I have it, but just to close the f22.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    For drl, just use PA soft. Easier to use.
    When it works, which it doesn't half the time. lol

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast