Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil….

Oil….

I probably know better, but what oils are we running? I have changed from Mobil1 5-30 to M1 0-40 in my non ZHP 330 with 155k miles, which lowered the oil consumption quite a bit. Just bought a ZHP with 105k miles, and previous owner used Liqui Moly Molygen, 5w-40. Green bottle. Ordered a bottle to top off, but not easy to find. Sooo, I don’t see a reason to continue Liqui Moly and I’m planning to switch over to Mobil1 0w40 when oil change is due.
    Anyone have a good reason to stick with the green bottle?

Not really

Most of the synthetic oils are pretty good these days, so you should be good to go with regular oil changes.

I've read good things about Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. People also use Liquimoly, Mobil or Shell Rotella T6.

There's also an oil thread out there: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-Thread/page45

I use Rotella T6, but am tempted to go with LiquiMoly just because of FCP warranty. But T6 just has so many detergents in it, that I want to keep using it to keep the internals clean...
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Never used T6, but using T5 in my Mercedes SEC and in my old F150. Trying to stick with 2 oil types.

I used to use Pennzoil 5W40 (the one with the Ferrari logo on it) mixed with BG MOA 110. Barely any oil consumption, maybe like a quart every 3 or 4k miles. My old mechanic used that combination so I stuck with it for a while. I have since switched to Liqui Molygen 5W40. It comes with additives so I've stopped using BG MOA. Oil consumption has gone up drastically, maybe like 1 quart every 1-2k miles. Still, I trust Liqui Moly and I can always grab some when I order from FCP, so I don't see any reason to switch again.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

I use Castrol Edge 0w-40 full synthetic (European formula). Walmart and Amazon both have it in a 5qt jug for around $25.
    '05 330CI ZHP 6MT
    '90 325i 5 speed coupe
    '02 4Runner 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I used to use Pennzoil 5W40 (the one with the Ferrari logo on it) mixed with BG MOA 110. Barely any oil consumption, maybe like a quart every 3 or 4k miles. My old mechanic used that combination so I stuck with it for a while. I have since switched to Liqui Molygen 5W40. It comes with additives so I've stopped using BG MOA. Oil consumption has gone up drastically, maybe like 1 quart every 1-2k miles. Still, I trust Liqui Moly and I can always grab some when I order from FCP, so I don't see any reason to switch again.
    You using blue or green bottle(Molygen)?

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTrouble View Post
    You using blue or green bottle(Molygen)?
    Green Molygen.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

I've been using the Mobil 1 Euro or Castrol Euro full synthetic in the E46s & E39 for years with no issues. I'm using the Pennzoil Platinum Euro synthetic in the F30 & F22 with N20 engines - don't believe it's really meant for the E46-era engines. Non-synthetic Valvoline VR1 in the 2002tii & E28.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by cody_94 View Post
    I use Castrol Edge 0w-40 full synthetic (European formula). Walmart and Amazon both have it in a 5qt jug for around $25.
    I'm using this as well. Great oil, low price, widely available. M1 0w-40 is good stuff too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast