Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Coupe rear windows.

My first coupe. Any particular problem with the windows operating? Longevity? Feels like something that needs tender loving care or keep closed?

No trouble with mine - I open them to exhaust heat this time of year, but usually have them closed.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    No trouble with mine - I open them to exhaust heat this time of year, but usually have them closed.
    +1

I do the same thing with my M3 whenever I take it to work on hot sunny days and leave the rear window slightly open to exhaust the heat out of the car... no issues here either.

I told my son who is driving it to use the sunroof for that exact purpose, heat index was 109 today. But if windows work perfectly, will use them, too.

I think too much open sunroof contributes to the headliner material coming loose, but that's just a theory. Mine is usually in the vent position when I'm moving.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Haha I rarely open both those, and my sunroof. I've done it once or twice when I got my car since it was cool, but I honestly can't remember the last time I opened them lol.

Objectively I would think these are more reliable than the front windows - all you have is a little arm that goes in and out, versus a motor with cables, pulleys, so many more moving parts.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

If it's going to be a hot sunny day and I take my M3 to work, I will crack open the sun roof and leave the sunroof cover in place and then crack open my rear side windows so hot air inside the car has a way to vent out... that is the only time I use my sunroof...

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    If it's going to be a hot sunny day and I take my M3 to work, I will crack open the sun roof and leave the sunroof cover in place and then crack open my rear side windows so hot air inside the car has a way to vent out... that is the only time I use my sunroof...
    Yeah, probably 140 degrees inside car today.

I only didn't use them cause it breaks the rubber seal around the windows trim more. But it's easy enough to do that DIY to replace it, so I do open it a bit to vent when parking. I don't have a sunroof anymore. I would use that over the rear windows when I did.

I modified the switch to one-touch open and I used them all the time, if the car was parked they were likely open.
    Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com