Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

2005 ZHP Rear Armpad re-install problems

I am experiencing problems re-installing the rear quarter panel armrest pads.

I purchased carbon fiber armrests (front and rear along dash, steering wheel, and dash. I removed and re-installed the front armrest first. Then simply transferred that experience gained to the rear. The rear pads were harder to remove which I attribute to the smaller size. I discovered that someone must have encountered problems getting pads to seat properly because a few of the pins on each pad had double metal clips on them.

I have been struggling to get them to seat properly. Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe a different type of fastener?Name:  WIN_20210812_13_48_29_Pro.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  163.6 KB

It's the same process as the front. Not sure if your CF arm rests are like mines. But some of my holes were not large enough, so I measured the OE size and just drilled it to the correct size. I'm not sure how you're doing it, but I find it easier to put the metal clips in the hole first, then push on the pad. If you still can't get it all the way down, then use a screw driver to push the metal clip while you are pushing on the leather still.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    It's the same process as the front. Not sure if your CF arm rests are like mines. But some of my holes were not large enough, so I measured the OE size and just drilled it to the correct size. I'm not sure how you're doing it, but I find it easier to put the metal clips in the hole first, then push on the pad. If you still can't get it all the way down, then use a screw driver to push the metal clip while you are pushing on the leather still.
    Thanks for your input. I had to sit them down for while before I re-attempted the install.

Ultimately, I discovered the same approach you cited ... place the clips in the opening first. Also nearly every pin had two clips on it. So I just put one on each pin. This worked!