Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    whats a reasonable price in y’alls opinion for the job? And does anyone have any recommendations for shops in philly area?

Quote Originally Posted by zhaireszhp View Post
    Also how do you guys post pictures on here, doesn’t let me attach photos from my phone, even when I changed the format. I’m going to change RSM first, the metal appears to have separated from the rubber. I was planning on replacing subframe bushings+ reinforcing at some point, and while I feel comfortable dropping the rear end dont have any welding experience and would feel like a waste not installing some reinforcement plates, especially since they aren’t all that expensive, has anyone went with the epoxy method?
    if there are cracks, you're going to have to weld before you epoxy. Just call a mobile welder to come to you if you're trying to save some money. Otherwise, go to a shop.

yeah, still can’t visibly inspect any cracks, was the same when I had the diff dropped, possible some hairline cracks exist when the subframe is dropped though. Regardless of what I do probably not going to drive it for awhile if RSM don’t do anything.

Prices for RACP reinforcement can vary greatly... the number of cracks to fix, whether the left rear seam in the wheel well has split and needs welding, are you going to replace your bushings or not (and which bushings?) all influence the cost. Best thing is to call a few reputable shops and ask for quotes.

Mine was ~$1800-1900 CAD to fix all the cracks, weld the split left rear seam in the wheel well, weld Redish reinforcement plates, paint/undercoat the affected areas. Then install powerflex subframe bushings & RTABs, and OE diff bushings. Keep in mind this was 5 years ago, that shop had a great deal and prices have likely gone up since.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Yeah I have seen prices anywhere from 1500-3000 browsing e46fanatics. Would have to call around, mobile welder would be interesting to me, would be nice to examine the welds and generally speaking like working on the car and learning how everything fits together. But if I do go professional shop would have let the car sit as classes are starting up soon and don’t think I could swing the price tag w/o saving up some more. Also whats the recommended brand for rear shock mounts, I saw meyle, lemforder and sachs on FCP Euro.

Yeah I have seen prices anywhere from 1500-3000 browsing e46fanatics. Would have to call around, mobile welder would be interesting to me, would be nice to examine the welds and generally speaking like working on the car and learning how everything fits together. But if I do go professional shop would have let the car sit as classes are starting up soon and don’t think I could swing the price tag w/o saving up some more. Also whats the recommended brand for rear shock mounts, I saw meyle, lemforder and sachs on FCP Euro.
    Get Lemförder for shock mounts. You can also look at some aftermarket options that might last longer. I have these for example: https://www.bimmerworld.com/Lifetime...unt-Set_2.html

It's definitely worth saving up for the rear end reinforcement.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

yeah it was my plan to get it done anyway, just was hoping i could enjoy the car for a little while before i splurge on the job. But if the noise persists even after i change the rear shock mounts not going to feel super comfortable driving it around, don’t think I have cracks right now or if i do they must be quite small, but still don’t want to chance it.

Also how long have you had those shock mounts and what kind of suspension are you running? I read some comments about meyle hd ones on fcp euro and one person mentioned they might not fit well w/ certain bilstein setups.

Also how long have you had those shock mounts and what kind of suspension are you running? I read some comments about meyle hd ones on fcp euro and one person mentioned they might not fit well w/ certain bilstein setups.
    I'm running the performance option from my guide: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...M-SACHS-Setup)

Can't go wrong with Lemförder, all their parts are excellent. Meyle HD can be hit or miss.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Gotcha thanks, and yeah my experiences with lemforder have been very good, whether on this car or a e39 530i i used to have.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast