Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problem Starting When Warm/Hot

I have had this problem for the past 5 years and the mechanic and dealer haven't been able to figure it out. The car starts right up in the morning. However, if I drive to the store to get milk and I am in there 10 minutes the car just cranks and cranks before finally starting. I have had the injectors cleaned, plugs replace, new air and fuel filter, etc. but the problem still persists. My mechanic suggested it could be a leaky injector and the dealer said possible fuel pump issue. Aside from that the car runs 110% and only has 52K miles. Also it doesn't happen all the time. Any ideas?

Could you list everything you replaced to try to remedy the problem?
    Will the car start if you primed the fuel pump before you start it? Just leave it in the second position for like 5-10 seconds before you start the car.
    When you say warm/hot, do you only mean car temp like car is warmed up or also ambient/outside temp?

But if I were to take a wild guess, I would say CPS, if it's not the fuel pump lol

There are no codes and I have replaced the follow - I have had the injectors cleaned, plugs replace, new air and fuel filter, etc. This happens when the car is warm and not the outside temp

Yeah I read that line, but you said "etc." which is? I assume battery/alternator is in there. But really etc. is like anything. starter? the whole entire motor?

Complete cooling system, belts, tensioners, brakes, suspension, oh and the batter

I had this problem due to leaky injectors. I'll have to see if I can dig up the thread but the conclusion was that getting them cleaned did nothing to help my issue so I bought some refreshed ones on ebay.

Thanks ZHPizza - did you change them yourself or have someone do them

Quote Originally Posted by Johnd View Post
    Thanks ZHPizza - did you change them yourself or have someone do them
    Whew it took some serious digging but I found the thread

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-Fuel-Injector

Here's a good DIY too

https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/i...iy-e39.571302/

Thanks ZHPizza I will have to look into it.. I guess my mechanic was right - he just said he wasn't 100% certain it would fix it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast