Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bumper Fastener to Fender: What is it?

ZHP Members:

I need to know what type of fastener connects the bumper to the fender at the wheel well. Someone had previous just need an ordinary screw which was not holding it in place properly.

I purchased the hardware kit but there are no instructions provided; RealOEM.com does does delineate which one; and various YouTube video skip over this particular fastener.

From the RealOEM picture it is likely either 17, 18 or 14/16.

Can someone help me?Name:  Screenshot (523).jpg
Views: 266
Size:  76.7 KB

Bumper to fender liner are just screws, there should be 3 on the inside of each wheel well (although only the outer one actually goes into the bumper) and I believe one or two below the bumper.

This is the part number: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-6...r-07147129160/

I recently redid my front bumper and ordered a couple of those as well. Alternatively you can also grab a few from the junkyard.

Also, make sure that all the c-clips are in place: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-2...t-self-lockin/
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Bumper to fender liner are just screws, there should be 3 on the inside of each wheel well (although only the outer one actually goes into the bumper) and I believe one or two below the bumper.

This is the part number: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-6...r-07147129160/

I recently redid my front bumper and ordered a couple of those as well. Alternatively you can also grab a few from the junkyard.

Also, make sure that all the c-clips are in place: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-2...t-self-lockin/
    I am not referring to liner rather the actual bumper cover (on the end at the wheel well) where is connects to the fender. I purchased a bumper hardware kit [part# 51 11 2 293 995] from ECS Tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Satcho View Post
    I am not referring to liner rather the actual bumper cover (on the end at the wheel well) where is connects to the fender. I purchased a bumper hardware kit [part# 51 11 2 293 995] from ECS Tuning.
    Not sure what you mean since the actual bumper cover does not connect to the fender. Could you show a picture of what you are referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Not sure what you mean since the actual bumper cover does not connect to the fender. Could you show a picture of what you are referring to?

I am referring to the trim cover (#1) in the RealOEM.com picture.

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP, Silver Grey Metallic, Dinan: Stage 2 Software, High Flow Intake,
    Free Flow Exhaust, Front Strut Bar, Stage 2 Suspension System, Staggered Hartge Replica Wheels,
    M3 Mirrors (Side and Interior), M3 Seats

I am referring to the trim cover (#1) in the RealOEM.com picture.
    OK in that case the screw I initially posted is the correct part. The trim cover does not connect to the fender. It does connect to the wheel well liner and fender liner using the aforementioned screw.

The bracket posted above is for the rear bumper.

If you need to align the front bumper, you can use the big bracket (number 12 in the diagram) to adjust it.

My bad, this was for the reader bumper. However, my coupe has a similar bracket for the front bumper as well.

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP, Silver Grey Metallic, Dinan: Stage 2 Software, High Flow Intake,
    Free Flow Exhaust, Front Strut Bar, Stage 2 Suspension System, Staggered Hartge Replica Wheels,
    M3 Mirrors (Side and Interior), M3 Seats

Quote Originally Posted by PdZHP View Post
    My bad, this was for the reader bumper. However, my coupe has a similar bracket for the front bumper as well.
    Here is a picture of the fastening location I am referring to in the faint yellow circle.Name:  WIN_20210915_20_52_00_Pro_LI.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  921.2 KB

Here is a picture of the fastening location I am referring to in the faint yellow circle.Name:  WIN_20210915_20_52_00_Pro_LI.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  921.2 KB
    There is no fastener for that location.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast