Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks man. Just going to exercise patience. I want to see this grey car through and hear what it's all about before I tell this guy outright no. Yes, I agree the roads in NM are much worse. I don't know what's "easily" replaceable. You're in SoCal, doesn't a hood respray go for like $1,000 at the end of it? I think I'm also just not a fan of the red. I like it because it's pretty, but I'm not sure I want to own it. I could see if I could haggle with him, but yeah I want to see this grey car through. The quarter panel damage is especially concerning. Any idea how much that would cost? Dent repair and paint restore on a C pillar? I have a quote for $500 to redo headliner, A's, B's and C's.

No. I think it's like 600-650. Maybe if I found some shop that just charges more money sure. I think it was like 2500 or so to repaint the front clip. But yeah I'm not a fan of red either, at least for something I own, unless Ferrari lol

That's actually good to know.

So I talked with the grey car and asked for the carfax, which is when he revealed that it doesn't have 135k miles, but actually 195k miles. So the value proposition just isn't there and I don't think I want a car that old. I messaged the man with the red car. I was "bad" because I said I would message him yesterday and I got sidetrack. I tried messaging him today and the message wouldn't go through (iMessage), which means you're blocked or their phone is off. In the event it was the latter, I sent him an email. I think I'm ready to make a deal with him on the red car if a hood paint is that cheap.

If it's the right price, I'd say the history of the car outweighs the negatives of the color. Like I said, I think red is hot, but it's tough as a daily. If you do something illegal, you'll be the only red car for like 4 miles. There have definitely been times I have been thankful my car is grey to say the least.

No the history does not outweigh the negatives of the color lol But red is actually on your list of colors so I guess. I wouldn't even have it on my list to begin with lol

So I searched for some cars. It looks like the price difference between normal 330 and ZHP is still the same 5k+ lol

Anyways, if you're going to buy that red car. Maybe use this one to tell him his price is too high. Also, this dealership or whatever don't know that they have a ZHP. And they list it as an Auto when it's clearly a manual. It's got slightly more mileage though

https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/...384479655.html

edit:
    I kind of want a e46 sedan now. But I have no space for that

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post

Anyways, if you're going to buy that red car. Maybe use this one to tell him his price is too high. Also, this dealership or whatever don't know that they have a ZHP. And they list it as an Auto when it's clearly a manual. It's got slightly more mileage though

Or just fly to Denver and drive it back!
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

No the history does not outweigh the negatives of the color lol But red is actually on your list of colors so I guess. I wouldn't even have it on my list to begin with lol

So I searched for some cars. It looks like the price difference between normal 330 and ZHP is still the same 5k+ lol

edit:
    I kind of want a e46 sedan now. But I have no space for that
    I’ll buy your white one.

Someone just messaged me about this red one this morning in my SoCal chat. Anyone know someone in Denver?

Last driver did 5k a year. Was told it was an older gentlemen.

I have spent probably about 4k, maybe more, converting my base model to MSport and I still don't have cams, not to mention all that time and effort spent converting it. I'd pay 5k over a 330 any day for a ZHP after having gone through that process.

I think it's absolutely worth it if you've already owned an E46 and will appreciate every small detail the ZHP has to offer. If you are buying an E46 for the first time, I'd argue you'd probably be happy with a 330, though in that situation I would probably still take a beat up ZHP over a base model and just restore it.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    I’ll buy your white one.

Someone just messaged me about this red one this morning in my SoCal chat. Anyone know someone in Denver?

A very good customer of mine is Schomp BMW, I can make sure the shop foreman there puts a good guy on it if you wanted to do PPI. He owes me a favor or two haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRichieRich View Post
    A very good customer of mine is Schomp BMW, I can make sure the shop foreman there puts a good guy on it if you wanted to do PPI. He owes me a favor or two haha.
    I’d love to take you up on that but I just scheduled a ppi for Monday. $180, not gun a sweat it. If I saw that sooner then I’d say yes! Dealer is relatively easy to work with, just hard to hear on the phone. Little sassy about ppi and said he could drive it for me and let me know. Uh, yeah. Sounds a little biased though lol

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Or just fly to Denver and drive it back!
    Yeah, that's what I would do. Screw the other car. This one looks like I could haggle it down lol I suggest you drive home early in the day so you don't run into the deer on the road at night. Fuck that was so dangerous. By the time it's night, you'll end up in like UT where there's nothing lol

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    I’ll buy your white one.

I have family over there. But none of them are really car people.

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I have spent probably about 4k, maybe more, converting my base model to MSport and I still don't have cams, not to mention all that time and effort spent converting it. I'd pay 5k over a 330 any day for a ZHP after having gone through that process.

I think it's absolutely worth it if you've already owned an E46 and will appreciate every small detail the ZHP has to offer. If you are buying an E46 for the first time, I'd argue you'd probably be happy with a 330, though in that situation I would probably still take a beat up ZHP over a base model and just restore it.
    I see. I value the experience and fun (or suffering lol) while I was converting some parts before I went a totally different direction. Learned a ton of stuff, met a lot of cool people. Also, I probably wouldn't have modded the way I did if I started out with the ZHP tbh lol After swapping the bumpers, I learned that I could do take shit from other models. It just went downhill from there

But yeah, having owned/worked E46s and replacing nearly everything on it. I'm not on the ZHP kool-aid as much. I can do more with the 5k with the knowledge I have now. Of course, you have to enjoy doing the work. If you don't, just get a ZHP lol

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast