Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    And 330* sorry. There’s tons of 325’s

Totally fair on market price. But it’s also what it’ll sell for in my opinion.
    Updated search criteria:

Any 2003+ E46 330i Coupe
    Clean Title, accident history okay, no major damage to body
    Any exterior color except black or tiAg
    Any interior color with black dash
    <140k miles
    <$13k

You've already said you're willing to spend up to $13k for a car that checks all your boxes, so what it'll sell for is not important because you've already established your budget.

No I don't feel down kicked. and @sillieidiot no, I have never sold my own car. I have sold a Prius in a day and a Camry in three weeks. I didn't know about the Cars and Bids structure either. I did look at the red cars' condition and didn't have an issue, I didn't know they were in accidents. All I can say is I have bought two cars in my life, and one was when I was still a kid at 17. I knew nothing. This is also my first "massive inflationary" period of my life (I'm 24 in two weeks :D ) and it's hard for me to come to terms with the value of these cars when my last E46 was so clean for under $5k with under 100k miles.
    Yeah because the stuff that you point out in cars prior that you didn't like, they all have them. Rock chips on hood/bumper, scrapes on front/rear/sides skirts, headliner peeling, one of the car has dents, clear coat failure, accidents, etc. Like one of your main things that you were really going on about was paint quality. So how does clear coat failure pass your criteria wtf?

I'm also getting different information everywhere. You guys say I'm undervaluing, I have my SoCal chat and my small text group chat say I'm overvaluing. Tie that with my general lack of understanding of this hyperinflation probably tied with some (likely) increased scarcity, it's really hard to wrap my mind around value.

edit: this is almost spec for spec my car I just lost, as I bought it, with 10k more miles for double the price: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...5417&zip=95624

That's part of where my disconnect is.
    If you are looking at ZHPs, you are undervaluing them currently. The prices you are expecting is pre-pandemic prices which has them maxing out like at 13k for an excellent condition car. Prices now are like 3k higher. This is a bad time to buy ZHPs or any car with a cult following.

If you're look at normal 330s, then you are overvaluing them lol

And because you are looking for just 330s in general, that's why the prices are all over the place.

I'm also not saying the cars I'm looking at are shit. Again, just the way I was raised and trained to look at cars is to recognize all the flaws first. I don't nick the car in Georgia for having the glasses holder broken or the trim not flush, but I want to catch them. I don't want to be surprised. I want to level my expectations of what I'm buying. It doesn't mean I think the car is poor because of it, but just trying to fully understand the condition of the car. I don't mind paint chips. The red car in New Mexico I was concerned about though because in the video he sent me, there were like 4x the damage on my current E46 and it was only repainted four years ago. Just seems like a not-so-great paint job.
    Yeah could be bad paint job. Or if you know the state well, NM has a shitload of rocks on their highways.

I digress. In regards to the Georgia car whom I will call today, the only real "issues" I see is the dealer reviews, potential lack of PPI allowed and I think the front bumper is pretty heavily scraped. I don't think that car is such a deal that it's worth skipping a PPI. I get it's a 15 year old car more or less and it happens, but I'm just noting it and I think it leaves some haggling room.

I am also looking at a non-ZHP white on brown for $7k with 140k miles. I can't get ahold of the buyer so it either sold or they just don't care to check that often. My message isn't even marked as read.
    Like I said, don't trust dealers at all lol And yeah it's not that great of a deal. It's just one of the cars that we think are the better conditioned ones that you were looking at (at least through pics). But yeah I'd walk away from that one if they won't do PPI.

They could also be scammers lol Just took your phone number so they can send you spam texts lol

there's this non-zhp
    https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...391033830.html

It's just posted. I saw it on offer up, but it's on CL now too I guess.

edit:
    damn doesn't have black dash

Imma throw another wrench into things while I'm at it.

Prices between dealer vs. private party are different too. Basically if you're looking at dealer, it's going to always be higher than a comparable car for private party. Plus taxes and fees. Usually for used cars, when you haggle them, you'll still end up paying the listed price in total lol

The other thing has to do with mileage. I know you're keeping it at <140k. But the type of mileage on the car matters too. Like if they were like 80% highway. That car would be more preferable to 80% city. City driving is really harsh on the car. Like if you were looking at 120k city car vs. 140k highway car (all other conditions the same), I would lean favorably to the highway car. More miles, but the car worked less. Try to ask the sellers that when you contact them. Just in case find a car that has everything you want, but the mileage is outside your criteria. If it's highway, I would seriously consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by BH93 View Post
    Updated search criteria:

Any 2003+ E46 330i Coupe
    Clean Title, accident history okay, no major damage to body
    Any exterior color except black or tiAg
    Any interior color with black dash
    <140k miles
    <$13k

You've already said you're willing to spend up to $13k for a car that checks all your boxes, so what it'll sell for is not important because you've already established your budget.
    Tyler, you think you could just put that in your first post? lol Just like how he has it. Just so it's easier to find. This thread is way too long. I know it's my fault with my long ass novels lol

I have purchased a car. Pics to come soon

Congrats, man ! In for pics.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

I have purchased a car. Pics to come soon
    Nice, is it a Honda Civic Si?

Tyler AKA YoitsTmac ZHP Coupe Hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Nice, is it a Honda Civic Si?
    Better. 94’ accord. It even has a sunroof so very well equipped.

Definitely soon to be a classic.

nice, the search is over. Move along people lol

Just a tease for now.

There seems to be an odd weight to the wheel when at rest. Will have to look into it. Could be nothing, maybe just been a while

So far, so good : OEM wheel style 135.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast