Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    It should state if the airbag was replaced in the Carfax, no? All it said was "engine service". I didn't know you could clean valve train stain. All I'll say is my existing car was very very yellow when I did my VCG. Regardless, I decided I'm going to wait. I'm not madly in love with it. I'd rather pay more to know a little bit more about the car or for a more desirable combo. I am suddenly lusting for blue. I may even take a non ZHP mystic blue if it gave me the opportunity to rock blue. I have an in for BMW parts at cost thankfully...side skirts, OE rear bumper, probably aftermarket front, some paint. Bam. Hopefully we can just find a ZHP though.

Beats me. Then if it doesn't say it, does that mean they still haven't done the recall? Cause BMW fucking spams that shit on you when you don't reply. They mail it in 1000 different ways, call you, email you lol Forgetting about it is not even an option. I purposely ignore it cause my car is in the shop lol

Nice, BMW parts discount I miss. I used to have an in, then he quit lol

Why would you go aftermarket front? like non-mt2? Cause if you're just doing it for cost, wouldn't the aftermarket mt2 rear be better? it has better fitment. Pretty sure the rear bumper (including cost of diffuser) costs more.

Well I decided to move passed the car. In regards to the bumper, I was thinking aftermarket front just for cost. I have never done any body work on any car, so if you tell me the rear aftermarket is better and to go OE in the front, I'm all ears. Yes, the entire idea of aftermarket would be for cost.

Also any idea what it costs to paint two bumpers? I really only want ZHP for the bumpers and headliner. A headliner is $500, so if the bumpers are a reasonable price I can consider non ZHP cars.

Ok, yeah I was thinking you wanted like M3 front or something. That's like the only reason why you would go with aftermarket front that made sense to me. Honestly, front/rear bumper is like the same price. The rear costs more because you have to buy the diffuser too since it doesn't come with it. When I did the testing for the aftermarket ZHP bumpers. The front has a bad mold where the passenger side is bent down. It's pretty much like that for all of the ones I've come across. You can pull it up, but it can never be perfect since the front bumper doesn't have anything to hold the corners of the bumper up like the rear does. The rear bumper fit on like it's OE, but the plastic is thinner in a lot of places.

I think the front bumper costs like 500ish and the rear bumper is like 600ish to paint. Depending on the shop, aftermarket bumpers cost more to paint cause aftermarket = more prep. I'm sure you can get a good deal if you paint all the stuff at the same time. You going to want the side skirts too. They make a ton of difference on the coupe. On the sedan it's not even that noticeable.

Tyler AKA YoitsTmac ZHP Coupe Hunt!

Thanks for all this info especially since I’ve never ventured into body work and have no idea. I’m thinking the combo/mileage/price is more important than a ZHP VIN. It’ll really come down to my ability to be patient for the right combo too. I’m pretty excited for a blue to be honest which seems there weren’t that many.

Current inquiring about a white 2004 330 with natural brown interior with 140k on the ODO. Last 5 days there has been very little inventory sadly.

Also totally agree on the side skirts. Crazy how much of a pretense they bring.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Well I decided to move passed the car. In regards to the bumper, I was thinking aftermarket front just for cost. I have never done any body work on any car, so if you tell me the rear aftermarket is better and to go OE in the front, I'm all ears. Yes, the entire idea of aftermarket would be for cost.

Also any idea what it costs to paint two bumpers? I really only want ZHP for the bumpers and headliner. A headliner is $500, so if the bumpers are a reasonable price I can consider non ZHP cars.
    I have a full aftermarket MTech II kit on my car. Painting the front bumper cost me $298, the rear was $350 and the side skirt was $110.

You should go genuine front bumper. I have one too now because while the fitment and quality is quite good on my Taiwan parts, the material they use is not the same as genuine. Original bumpers cannot break, but aftermarket ones can. I crashed into something and the aftermarket bumper shattered into multiple pieces. An original bumper would just flex and go back into shape right away.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...2422&zip=95624

Price is stupid high for 122k miles
    Nice combo
    Front bumper fucked
    Glasses holder cracked
    Dash trim tabs could be damaged.

For what I value it at, I probably couldn’t even make an offer . I mean $13k for an auto with 100k+ miles. Before anything else, doesn’t add up.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...2422&zip=95624

Price is stupid high for 122k miles
    Nice combo
    Front bumper fucked
    Glasses holder cracked
    Dash trim tabs could be damaged.

For what I value it at, I probably couldn’t even make an offer . I mean $13k for an auto with 100k+ miles. Before anything else, doesn’t add up.
    Dash trim is probably missing a post or the tab holding the post is broken, easy enough to fix with epoxy.
    You'll probably want to get an aftermarket headunit display so the glasses holder is deleted anyways.
    Front bumper probably just needs to be adjusted, looks like it's not sitting correctly on the driver side.

This would be a contender if Alpine White + Natural Brown + last model year are a must for you.
    It's cheaper to fix trim pieces and a bumper and swap a 6 speed manual transmission than it is to change the model year, exterior color, or the interior color.

Tyler AKA YoitsTmac ZHP Coupe Hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by BH93 View Post
    Dash trim is probably missing a post or the tab holding the post is broken, easy enough to fix with epoxy.
    You'll probably want to get an aftermarket headunit display so the glasses holder is deleted anyways.
    Front bumper probably just needs to be adjusted, looks like it's not sitting correctly on the driver side.

This would be a contender if Alpine White + Natural Brown + last model year are a must for you.
    It's cheaper to fix trim pieces and a bumper and swap a 6 speed manual transmission than it is to change the model year, exterior color, or the interior color.
    All fair points. Year doesn’t matter to me too much beyond LCI and now I have a natural brown interior in my room, so combo doesn’t even matter much beyond exterior (although still a bonus). Seat and door panel swaps are just as hard as OFHG :P

I don’t know. It’s like they want $13k, which for that mileage I think should be in better shape. They seem to try and move BMW’s specifically, they shud have at least fixed the bumper sag and glasses holder for like 2-$300. If I wanted to pay that I have an real difficult to work with seller who wants 13k for an 06 white on natural brown with 110k and stunning paint 2 hours away (severe accident this year tho). It’s sat for 3 going on 4 weeks because it’s too high. I mean it’s in CA, this is arguably the best spot to demand a premium and where your buyer most likely lives in my opinion.

The red imola natural brown on Colorado with 120k miles or so has also been sitting for 3 weeks and looks just as good in dealer pics. Just my two cents. Cars and bids has two red on black autos with sub 110k miles sell for under $10k in the last 120 days (one about 45 days ago). Those are the price references I’m using to gauge value. When it gets that high, then I can begin to look at non-ZHP’s for $7k and do bumpers, headliner and wrap the window trim.

Edit: if I’m off my rocks with values someone please put me back in my place.

All fair points. Year doesn’t matter to me too much beyond LCI and now I have a natural brown interior in my room, so combo doesn’t even matter much beyond exterior (although still a bonus). Seat and door panel swaps are just as hard as OFHG :P

I don’t know. It’s like they want $13k, which for that mileage I think should be in better shape. They seem to try and move BMW’s specifically, they shud have at least fixed the bumper sag and glasses holder for like 2-$300. If I wanted to pay that I have an real difficult to work with seller who wants 13k for an 06 white on natural brown with 110k and stunning paint 2 hours away (severe accident this year tho). It’s sat for 3 going on 4 weeks because it’s too high. I mean it’s in CA, this is arguably the best spot to demand a premium and where your buyer most likely lives in my opinion.

The red imola natural brown on Colorado with 120k miles or so has also been sitting for 3 weeks and looks just as good in dealer pics. Just my two cents. Cars and bids has two red on black autos with sub 110k miles sell for under $10k in the last 120 days (one about 45 days ago). Those are the price references I’m using to gauge value. When it gets that high, then I can begin to look at non-ZHP’s for $7k and do bumpers, headliner and wrap the window trim.
    Are those dealers open to negotiate? What is the feedback when you reach out to them

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast