Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    That is an interesting solution, thanks for sharing!

Does this solution have functional shift lights like I have in my M3 gauge cluster?

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    That is an interesting solution, thanks for sharing!

Does this solution have functional shift lights like I have in my M3 gauge cluster?
    He says you can option shift lights (optimized for 1/4 miles, whatever that means) and knock lights (I assume for knock detection on turbo builds). You can also customize the gauge face, which I think just means you can bring any gauge face you want and he will work with it.

This solution probably works very similar to that Schmiedmann unit that is no longer available, so it's nice to have something like that again for those looking. I'm sure international shipping can be arranged for those interested, sellers like that tend to be quite flexible.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Charlie, thanks again for pulling this documentation together, as it inspired David and I to get the M3 clusters for our respective Sedan ZHPs! Can’t wait to get this wired up and see it in action!

The modules from Dmitri arrived today, and I followed your directions which are great, but have to ask; what is the white molex connector mid-way through the harness used for (pointing to it in the photo)? I’m not seeing a reference to it in the write up, and just wanted to make sure it’s not supposed to be used.

Also, FYI, Dmitri changed the wire colors a bit on us, haha. All good, will trace wires back and the orientation is the same from your photos, so won’t be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CoastalJay View Post
    Charlie, thanks again for pulling this documentation together, as it inspired David and I to get the M3 clusters for our respective Sedan ZHPs! Can’t wait to get this wired up and see it in action!

The modules from Dmitri arrived today, and I followed your directions which are great, but have to ask; what is the white molex connector mid-way through the harness used for (pointing to it in the photo)? I’m not seeing a reference to it in the write up, and just wanted to make sure it’s not supposed to be used.

Also, FYI, Dmitri changed the wire colors a bit on us, haha. All good, will trace wires back and the orientation is the same from your photos, so won’t be a problem.
    The white molex connector mid-way on the harness is not used so don't worry about it. It is just there to secure the connector on the harness while in shipment. At least that is what I found when I got mine because the end of my harness was connected to this connector when I took my harness out of the package Dimitri sent me.

I'm glad you're able to use my DIY to make the OEM M3 gauge cluster work in your respective ZHP's. Please post pics of your setup when complete. I am interested to know your thoughts in using this DIY to make your mod work

Okay great, that’s what I was assuming, but it seemed kind of odd that the extra molex connector was for keeping the harness tight. Thanks for confirming!

Will post pics of the install once complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay great, that’s what I was assuming, but it seemed kind of odd that the extra molex connector was for keeping the harness tight. Thanks for confirming!

Looking forward to pics and your comments regarding your install and use of my DIY Have fun modding your ZHPs!

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

It's been a few months . . . did you guys get your M3 gauge cluster installed? Waiting patiently for your pics

Hard to believe I did this retrofit back in October 2021. It is now July 2023 and so far my M3 gauge cluster has been working flawlessly. The interface module Dimitri has produced has been working troublefree all this time. So far I have no complaints as everything I want for my M3 gauge cluster is provided... oil warm up lights, shift lights, oil temperature and ability to program my gauge cluster for more accurate speedometer/coolant temp indications.

Having this retrofit adds to my ZHP as it is the "Performance Package" BMW 330 in my opinion. Just wanted to put my long-term input regarding this particular retrofit. It will cost some money to have this retrofit but to me it is well worth it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123