Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Getting time for an upgrade. Your 2 cents?

Hello Mafia!

It has been a hot minute since I posted. But the feedback here has never let me down. I'm sure threads like this already exist, but the advice for my situation would still be appreciated.

My ZHP is about to hit 160k. Still love the car. Still my daily driver. Car runs like a champ. Very little work left to do on it besides differential mounts. Still enjoy working on the car myself. Still get strangers at stoplights and gas stations asking me if I want to sell it. I really don't want to sell it. At the same time, I do want an upgrade.

I want more power. So here is my question: sell it eventually and get...maybe a 335? If I buy a new (used) BMW, I'd probably want to get something on the newer side, which I probably can't afford yet.

Or..maybe invest in some real performance for the longer run for the ZHP? Investing about $5000 would get me an upgraded exhaust, SC and better suspension. Or do these things hurt resale value at all?

Interested in getting some takes on this.
    2005 Jet Black ZHP Sedan "Adriana" || TunedByDaniel || BMW Alarm + Fuel Lock || ORION V4s || Eagle Eyes || 435i Coupe Sport Seats || Perforated Leather X5 M-Sport Wheel || FLOW Designs Lip

Get the ESS TS2 twin screw supercharger.... you will get a performance boost from this and will love the additional power.

I say refresh your car, will provide a new found love for it after you bump up the power
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by usinjin View Post
    Hello Mafia!

It has been a hot minute since I posted. But the feedback here has never let me down. I'm sure threads like this already exist, but the advice for my situation would still be appreciated.

My ZHP is about to hit 160k. Still love the car. Still my daily driver. Car runs like a champ. Very little work left to do on it besides differential mounts. Still enjoy working on the car myself. Still get strangers at stoplights and gas stations asking me if I want to sell it. I really don't want to sell it. At the same time, I do want an upgrade.

I want more power. So here is my question: sell it eventually and get...maybe a 335? If I buy a new (used) BMW, I'd probably want to get something on the newer side, which I probably can't afford yet.

Or..maybe invest in some real performance for the longer run for the ZHP? Investing about $5000 would get me an upgraded exhaust, SC and better suspension. Or do these things hurt resale value at all?

Interested in getting some takes on this.
    Like the others mentioned, supercharge it and refresh seems like the way to go.

E92 335i.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

I went to a 981 Cayman. Wow, what a car! Paid $41k for a clean low mile southern car.

Still miss some aspects of the ZHPs but this is such a fun reliable car. Also fairly easy to wrench on if you are a DIYer like me. Check out planet-9 forums.

Shawn in VA (USA)

I went with an e90 convertible after one year in an Audi A6 quattro with comfort, but unacceptable turbo lag.
    I changed the intake on the 6 cylinder 328 to make it a 330. Super happy.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

2011 e90 sedan 335i. That one has the N55 engine which is more dependable than the N54. It has 300 hp. There was one FS recently on TRED for $9k.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    More thoughts on the topic. http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ent-is-Italian

Shawn in VA (USA)
    I've tested a 2020 Giulia TI and G20 3 series. I liked the Giulia more. It had more soul and was definitely more of a driver's car.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast