Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Driver side gog light flickering + random cluster lights coming on

Recently I went to use my fog lights and noticed that the driver side fog light flickers when turned on while the passenger side light works perfectly fine. On top of this the instrument cluster will flash random lights at the same interval as the fog light flickering.

I tired to see if it was an issue with the battery (which is only a few months old) by attaching a jump-box to it in case the voltage was low, which had no affect. Checking the voltage using the cluster showed there was no dip in voltage with the fog lights on or off.

I don't use the fog lights on my car very often, but I've also never noticed an issue like this before. It seems like some sort of wiring issue but I really don't know where to start looking with something like this.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Some videos of what's going on below:

https://youtu.be/P1llS-3idYE

https://youtu.be/QlDc9rjKpFQ

Are you running HID fogs?

Yes

Also looking into it more it could be the relay, there is an audible clicking sound every time the fog light switches on off. I'm not sure why it would affect only 1 side though.
    Last edited by ComradeNick; 10-24-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Yeah, I probably would stop using the HID fogs tbh. Unless you're running a wiring harness to the battery jumpers. It puts too much strain on the LCM. It's the EMF from the relay going back into the LCM and cluster, that's what you're seeing with the cluster blinking like that.

A couple guys got in on a group buy a while back from some morimoto LED fog lights, they are super nice/worth the purchase if you decide to ditch the HID fogs (which I would suggest as well)
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover