Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

M3 rear diffuser on m tech 2 rear bumper

Custom retro fitting a borla m3 exhaust on my zhp coupe, right now I’m looking at my options for rear diffusers. Saw the option from inside performance in Germany but my question is do you guys think it would be possible to custom retrofit a e46 m3 rear diffuser to the mtech 2 rear bumper? Saw one for sale for a pretty decent price so don’t wanna miss the sale but if it’s too much of a hassle I’ll leave it. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OEM M3 rear diffuser is a very different shape to the MTEC II rear diffuser. It won't fit.

I mean if you're going to custom retrofit it, then of course it's possible. How much work? no Idea. Plus the M3 is like square and the MT2 is round so would be a hard fit. But the normal M3 rear diffuser is boring looking. Iono why you would want it. If you're going to do something custom, might as well just make your own diffuser lol

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    I mean if you're going to custom retrofit it, then of course it's possible. How much work? no Idea. Plus the M3 is like square and the MT2 is round so would be a hard fit. But the normal M3 rear diffuser is boring looking. Iono why you would want it. If you're going to do something custom, might as well just make your own diffuser lol
    I’ve been trying to find some custom diffusers on mtech 2 bumpers but there isnt much out there. Was trying to find pictures of a user on e46 fanatics xjunemoonx car who has a csl style diffuser in m tech 2 bumper but have been unable. I just feel like the options from Germany are pretty pricey but I guess that’s the cost for custom work

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    The OEM M3 rear diffuser is a very different shape to the MTEC II rear diffuser. It won't fit.
    Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by Este330 View Post
    I’ve been trying to find some custom diffusers on mtech 2 bumpers but there isnt much out there. Was trying to find pictures of a user on e46 fanatics xjunemoonx car who has a csl style diffuser in m tech 2 bumper but have been unable. I just feel like the options from Germany are pretty pricey but I guess that’s the cost for custom work
    I know him. Because I help build that car. His rear bumper was full FG so that's why we were able to do it. But the bumper was also extended down like another 3" on both sides to make up for the CSL diffuser. I swear we were barely even able to attach that bumper, but it looked good lol

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    I know him. Because I help build that car. His rear bumper was full FG so that's why we were able to do it. But the bumper was also extended down like another 3" on both sides to make up for the CSL diffuser. I swear we were barely even able to attach that bumper, but it looked good lol
    Lol yea I saw a couple posts with you and him but didn’t know you knew him and helped build the car..pretty cool. Any ways I think I’m just going to go with the one from inside performance. The only other option is one from a company in Russia on eBay. Not a bad option but I think I’ll just save for the carbon fiber. Can anyone attest to the fitment and quality of the inside performance diffuser? https://www.insideperformance.de/3er...nce-look_1189/

eBay option:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/bmw-e46-m3-...-127632-2357-0

Yeah I think some one here bought the inside performance one and it fit real well. iono about that ebay one though. that one looks ugly to me

Yeah, I used everything I learned on building his car, and applied it to Brian N.'s car lol Brian's car came out way better and we didn't use any FG parts. Those m3 sides on jun's car was such a bitch to put on too.