Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Euro only options?

Well I was sitting around surfing the web and stumbling across some Euro only options. Do we have a list of unique Euro only options that would be worth to add (i.e. rear fog, first aid kit, etc)? Someone on e46 fanatics mentioned a under dash knee storage compartment, anyone have a euro part # on that? I know there are quite a few of these type things for the E39 guys, but how about us?

I have also noticed that my owner's manual mentions that I should have a cup holder that pops out of the forward end (laying flat down) of the rear center arm rest. It says the storage bin in the rear center arm rest will be deleted with fold down rear seats (which I have), but it shouls still have the cup holders. It even shows a drawing of an armrest w/o the storage box, but with cup holders.... Any explanation? I have not seen this arrangement in my limited experience with E46's. Another Euro find? Thanks!
    2004 330i ZHP ESS TS2 supercharged
    Silver Grey/Black leather, Xenons, factory Nav, 19" VMR V710 & 18" ZHP wheels for summer, Turner Motorsports rear sub-frame kit

spencers Guest
    The euro storage compartment under the dash can't be swapped to US cars

I've always been fond of City Lights. They're tiny 5W (I think) bulbs that go into your lowbeam or highbeam housing. I don't remember which housing precisely, but I know for a fact that in my car I have cutouts for it in the low beam housing. I think they're the next best thing to angel eyes, and I think I might consider switching things up a bit and installing these in lieu of AE's.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I've always been fond of City Lights. They're tiny 5W (I think) bulbs that go into your lowbeam or highbeam housing. I don't remember which housing precisely, but I know for a fact that in my car I have cutouts for it in the low beam housing. I think they're the next best thing to angel eyes, and I think I might consider switching things up a bit and installing these in lieu of AE's.
    Why not just get DRL's? They accomplish the same thing and look better..

Rear fog lights.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by billschusteriv View Post
    Rear fog lights.
    Useless IMO. Terraphantm is the only one i know to correctly do this the OEM way on a sedan in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    Why not just get DRL's? They accomplish the same thing and look better..
    I respectfully disagree. DRL's are way too bright to look good.
    City lights are a low wattage and very slightly light up the headlight housing, so it provides a cool "hey, I'm sort of here" warm glow instead of a "HEY, LOOK AT ME!" flash of bright light like DRL's.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    Useless IMO. Terraphantm is the only one i know to correctly do this the OEM way on a sedan in the US.
    I respectfully disagree. The rear fogs are useful in any area of dense fog. The fog at night on I-81 in Pennsylvania (around Pine Grove, Ravine, Tremont, Frackville) is like pea soup. The conditions have been so bad at times that I have been unable to see more than 5 or 10 yards in front of my car. Having the rear fogs would only make the car more visible to other drivers in these conditions.

In order to head off the inevitable response of not driving in these conditions, emergency personnel that are recalled have to report on station within a specific time period - which necessitates getting from Point A to Point B safely.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I respectfully disagree. DRL's are way too bright to look good.
    City lights are a low wattage and very slightly light up the headlight housing, so it provides a cool "hey, I'm sort of here" warm glow instead of a "HEY, LOOK AT ME!" flash of bright light like DRL's.
    Pictures of said "City Lights"? I have puddle lamps under the car, that I have never actually finished hooking up. haa

I really have no idea what I am doing

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrogs_M3 View Post
    Pictures of said "City Lights"? I have puddle lamps under the car, that I have never actually finished hooking up. haa

I have a very hard time finding pictures of these lights on an E46. They may not be utilized that often. I have found a lot of pics for E36 and E30's (I had them on my E30) but not E46. Every picture I'd like to post as a reference to you I can't because all of the pictures I find are blocked by my work firewall (at work at the moment).

Perhaps when I get home I could post some pics for you.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast