Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

What does it take...........

for you to finally swap over from a warm weather/summer wheel and tire setup to your winter wheel and tire setup?

me personally: once the first frost on the windshield of the vehicles hits (happened 5-6 days ago here in northern KY) its time to switch.

Ive got the fiancé's Clubman S and the ZHP to do. Her's is pretty quick and easy while the ZHP has the added step of adding spacers before putting the 135s back on.

I usually wash all the wheels and then throw them in dry storage.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Since northern ish KY as well, I will be switching soon. For me it is almost always around Halloween or Thanksgiving.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

November to April is winter tire time for me, without consideration for actual conditions.

I'd rather get it done than to get hit with a surprise or for it to be too cold to want to bother. Snow outside of these date ranges is incredibly rare for us.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Halloween is usually to mark here in Denver as it is known to snow the day before. That’s typically my cue to do some routine maintenance and a good detail before putting it way for the winter. My 135s have more of an all season tire on them. Considering getting new spacers and running the car deeper into the year though, if the weather is decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll just leave this here!

If you have a newer one, you’ll relate.

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

^ Haha ... I got that warning on my F30 yesterday. Tires are between 25 to 28 PSI.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Summer tires grip better than winter/all seasons right down to freezing temps, assuming it's dry. So there's no reason for me to switch here in NC.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Generally November to April. I check the temperatures and once it starts hitting the low 30s, it's time. Though it's not ideal as sometimes there are very few snow days during the winter season, and usually the streets are plowed and clear by the time I get on them. So that's half the year on snow tires.

Within next couple of weeks probably. Have 2 E46s, and may use the convertible’s summer wheels(Z4) as winter wheels for ZHP. Have been looking for another set, but haven’t had much luck. Already bought Blizzaks. Have a total of 4 cars that will get Blizzaks. They do work!

I never switch here in VA.

I just park the ZHP and use the Explorer or VR4 (it has a winter set) in the winter when the roads are icy. But if it's clear out and the roads are good, I just take the ZHP and drive normally.

Sent from my LM-F100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fenrir; 11-06-2021 at 04:39 PM.

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast