Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Can you post on their FB directly? If you can. I would suggest you do that. That way they don't try to ignore you when everyone can see it lol

Can you post pictures of the camera with the wiring attached and stuff. I know you're telling us the wiring colors. But iono maybe if we look at it's different. Same with the wireless transmitter?

I finally received an email from AVIN. (Seemed to be trigger by a website inquiry form). A discussion with their Level II tech will occur at 1:00PM.

I did post directly to the AVIN Facebook account.

In the email, AVIN changed the wire connections for the wireless receiver. Will wait until the discussion with the tech before changing anything.

I further tested the replacement backup cameras with the front camera setup ... no image displayed. This is consistent with the (a) bench test (b) vehicle wireless and hard wired setups and (c) backup camera connection swap with front camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Satcho View Post
    I finally received an email from AVIN. (Seemed to be trigger by a website inquiry form). A discussion with their Level II tech will occur at 1:00PM.

I did post directly to the AVIN Facebook account.

In the email, AVIN changed the wire connections for the wireless receiver. Will wait until the discussion with the tech before changing anything.

I further tested the replacement backup cameras with the front camera setup ... no image displayed. This is consistent with the (a) bench test (b) vehicle wireless and hard wired setups and (c) backup camera connection swap with front camera.

An AVIN Level II tech representative contacted me today. It was discovered that the wire connections that had been communicated to me By AVIN "Live Chat" were inaccurate for the wireless backup camera setup and the hard wire backup camera setup. Once I corrected the connections for each setup, the cameras functioned properly. The tech rep could not determine why the cameras did not display an image on my bench test with a TV and car battery.

Well at least it's working now so that's good.

Well at least it's working now so that's good.
    Well at least the camera is functioning but AVIN unit also has incorporated a separate light to take the place of the factory license plate light. This light will not illuminate when I attach it to the factory wires. I tested the light by connecting it directly to the battery ... works perfectly.

The factory license plate light assembly has three wires ... brown/red ( I'm assuming is for when the light are turned on), a grey/yellow (I'm assuming is the reverse wire; in the trunk lid the wire is blue/yellow), and a brown/grey (I'm assuming is the ground).

I am performing other repairs on the vehicle so it is not running when I test it. I am keeping a battery tender on the battery to ensure it is fully charged.

I've tried illuminating the AVIN license plate light in reverse (nothing) and with the vehicle's lights turned on (nothing).

What would cause this to happen? Factory license plate light worked prior to its removal. The other factory license plate light illuminates properly.

An update:

Started experimenting by grounding the AVIN license plate light (ALPL), black/red wire directly to the battery and connecting ALPL positive red wire to the brown/grey and it illuminated with the vehicle's parking lights on. The color coding on these wires is inconsistent and not according to normal practices. Had to stop for the evening. Next step is to identify which of two remaining wires is a ground. Not certain what the third wire is for.

Another day, another discovery.

Could not go to bed without identifying the ground wire ... it is the brown/red wire.

Now, the outstanding question: ... What is the grey/yellow wire for?

look up the WDS and it'll tell you.

If you have a multimeter, just use continuity test to test for ground. Faster than looking it up.

look up the WDS and it'll tell you.

If you have a multimeter, just use continuity test to test for ground. Faster than looking it up.

I found the ground wire ... brown/red.

The third wire in the factory license plate light assembly is a yellow/grey wire which does not have power. Cannot determine what it is for. I found an old analog multimeter that was my Dad's but I am not certain of its reliability due to age.

I have not been able to find any wiring diagrams our forum discussion which state explicitly what the third wire (yellow/gray) is for. I tested the wire of power ,,, none. I tested to provide a ground ... light would not function. Since the new license plate light integrated with the AVIN backup camera only has a power and ground wire, I have connected those and the light works properly. I will just tap off the extra wire and put the trunk handle assembly back together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12