Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

I see busy days in my future (Clutch, transmission, rear suspension, and hitch)

Oh boy. I’ve gotten so distracted by life, I’ve neglected my baby. Right under 175k on the odometer, and the clutch has officially started slipping. I guess she’s saying “enough is enough”. I guess it’s a fair-warning pre-empting a divorce.

I’ve been meaning to do this for over a year, but life has gotten in the way.

Here’s my asking about a hitch:
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...tch-on-the-ZHP

My plan: My rear suspension is pretty much shot. The Bushings, Struts, something’s not right back there. I was intent on doing all of it. I’ve had the parts for about 2 years now. While I’m in there, I was also going to remove the transmission and replace the clutch. It wasn’t slipping, but >150k on the original, it just feels like it’s time. Finally I want a hitch. It’s stupid to not have a hitch, and I can’t help but think that these cars would make excellent tow cars. Torque, manual transmission, RWD, awesome.

Should I wait for Schmiedmann to have their black friday sale? Maybe.

What about the clutch. I want OEM. No upgrades, not performance enhancements, not unless there’s something very clearly awesome that maintains the OEM genius of BMW.
    I’m throwing this out here now. I might wait until BF/Cyber Monday to get the hitch and actually get to work on everything, or I might do the clutch separately, since I doubt having the rear out will make it significantly easier, and it’s a time-crunch item.

Blah. This is all at a bad time, but I only have myself to blame. I’ve been putting it off.
    Everybody loves Fried Chicken

Sounds like a big project. It's like when I was working on JR's "while we're here.." project.

If you're doing any drive line stuff, you might as well just do the transmission. What are you going to do? take the drive shaft off again just for the clutch? lol

Nearly 175k on the original clutch? That's impressive. My car has 135k on the original but the dual mass flywheel is starting to go. Personally, I'm planning on sticking with the OEM stuff when the time comes. I'm not a fan of a heavy clutch or increased NVH.
    '05 330CI ZHP 6MT
    '90 325i 5 speed coupe
    '02 4Runner 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by cody_94 View Post
    Nearly 175k on the original clutch? That's impressive. My car has 135k on the original but the dual mass flywheel is starting to go. Personally, I'm planning on sticking with the OEM stuff when the time comes. I'm not a fan of a heavy clutch or increased NVH.
    What is it that suggests your flywheel is failing?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Sounds like a big project. It's like when I was working on JR's "while we're here.." project.

If you're doing any drive line stuff, you might as well just do the transmission. What are you going to do? take the drive shaft off again just for the clutch? lol
    This was my thinking, but finding and procuring a hitch could take a while
    Everybody loves Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by cody_94 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    What is it that suggests your flywheel is failing?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, both BP and I have gotten really high mileages out of our clutches... I'm at something like 220k and it's still super-strong.

Curious to know about the flywheel as well
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Autozone.com
    Quite a project. Yup, Hieu and I replaced a ton of things. Thank goodness he knows what he's doing!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture